• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 napcode

napcode

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 21:27

Right now there is no easy way to map a set of samples to a single note and distribute them in the "velocity dimension". You can layer them, create drum sets, distribute them throughout the keyboard but there is no option to them distribute velocity wise. 

Ideally, I'd like to be able to select a set of samples (in the sample browser) and drag or somehow assign the selection to single note. The order of selection should define the assigned range of the velocity for each sample. I know drag and drop is already possible and the y direction defines the note spread while dragging. How about using the note name area as "drop selection as velocity layers"? 

This feature is missing in Renoise and Redux but for me Redux would be more important.

• TheBellows, tris, fladd and 1 other like this

#2 jackattack

jackattack

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 18:00

Agreed. There's at least one other post proposing this, I feel that it's an obvious feature which really should be present already.

#3 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6490 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 24 September 2017 - 15:07

How about using the note name area as "drop selection as velocity layers"? 

Not sure I would like if the note name was confining me to this kind of "velocity spread" mappings. 

But I would be perfectly happy if holding a modifier while dragging samples over the key-zone did this :-)

Oh, and picked up the order by interpreting the sample names, somehow.

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reduxvelocity, sampler