Critical Scrutiny

Just a short, but intense, drum and bass tune with some ketchup and mayonnaise. Trying to make up for all the 4/4 crap i’ve been posting lately, people might think i’m getting soft. :smiley:

I enjoy pretty much everything you put up. If I had to guess I’d say your just focusing in on the guitar until you get that mastered. Hopefully then you’ll get back to pulling out the big guns and dark renoise weirdness, plus guitar. Honestly though, your music has grown a bit more soft. Personally I’m just hitting walls left and right and can’t seem to finish anything!

The breaks are killer in this track, yet they seem like they are in the foreground and not 100% present. With solid breaks like that I’d say let them shine threw man!

I enjoy pretty much everything you put up. If I had to guess I’d say your just focusing in on the guitar until you get that mastered. Hopefully then you’ll get back to pulling out the big guns and dark renoise weirdness, plus guitar. Honestly though, your music has grown a bit more soft. Personally I’m just hitting walls left and right and can’t seem to finish anything!

The breaks are killer in this track, yet they seem like they are in the foreground and not 100% present. With solid breaks like that I’d say let them shine threw man!

Hehe, thanks man! The thing is that i haven’t been able to fix my guitar properly yet, though i have another cheap Behringer crap i’m using a bit and i’m actually working on something now that i think you’ll like. I’m a bit stuck on it, but it sounds pretty heavy, like Melvins type heavy with growling vocals and all. Maybe you could take a look at it and see if you can come up with something?

Yeah, the break sound so way cool in its processed way, the subbass seems very appealing, too. But they are so much…in the background. Instead all the bass heavy ambience chords and synths dominate the picture. If you call it “drum and bass” music and not “dark ambient with some ketchup and…” then…mix it again as version two and this time try to make the drum and the bass dominate this stuff with punch and presence. This breakbeat is definately worth it, felt cast back to earlier days of drum & bass when it was much more playful in some styles, but this time it felt way doper that the old stuff, with its added proper nowadays sound design to make it space out.

I love the deep tight bass which makes the mix perfect, generally I enjoyed it whole :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, i tried uploading a new mix now, but it appears to sound a lot better before SC screws it up, so there’s nothing to do about that i guess.

SoundCloud is f’ing me in the a and i’m even paying them to do it. :o

I do struggle to get the bass to sound as deep as i want though, not really shure how to improve it. Maybe i’ll add an entirely new sub bass track or something, i don’t know.