New Tool (3.01): Duplicate Selection In Pattern

A shortcut I’ve been meaning to write for ages but hadn’t got around to until now:

Simple pattern selection copy pasting:

1.Make a selection in the pattern

2.Hit shortcut

3.Your selection is pasted below. The selection is moved to the pasted data and the edit position is moved to the beginning row of that selection.

Shortcut surprisingly! is:

Duplicate Selection In Pattern

Alpha so testing and bug reports welcomed.

Note: tool will become slower the bigger the selection.

https://files.renoise.com/forum/uploads/7551-ledger.scripts.DuplicateSelectionInPattern_V0.52.xrnx

v0.52

-speed improvements (thanks to dBlue for pointers) --still WIP

Hey, don’t understand the purpose for this, also not the difference between normal copy-paste?

The access to renoise runtime objects seems to be very slow in general…

…also not the difference between normal copy-paste?

3.Your selection is pasted below. The selection is moved to the pasted data and the edit position is moved to the beginning row of that selection.

Thats amazingly useful. Thank you!

Hey, don’t understand the purpose for this, also not the difference between normal copy-paste?

The access to renoise runtime objects seems to be very slow in general…

It`s a macro, combining a lot of actions into one, as Djeroek quoted. It can be slow unfortunately, but convenience outweighs for me here.

Thats amazingly useful. Thank you!

No probs, a common action but I`m finding it pretty useful to throw about randomly now and mess around with rhythms to get new variations. The lining up of the edit position was the drag before.

edit:@thalamus. If you hadn`t seen already the search behaviour in my ‘VST from menu’ tool got improved recently, inline with your suggestion in the thread.

Thanks Ledger - I will check out the VST/i search tool. It was already a great tool - I see it’s just got a lot better!

You’ve done a great deal to make Renoise an even greater pleasure to work with, really getting to the heart of needed core functionality and bringing it to us all.

It’s most excellent of you.

Thanks Ledger - I will check out the VST/i search tool. It was already a great tool - I see it’s just got a lot better!

You’ve done a great deal to make Renoise an even greater pleasure to work with, really getting to the heart of needed core functionality and bringing it to us all.

It’s most excellent of you.

and thanks to you for this comment!

Much Appreciated!

new version in first post:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-01-duplicate-selection-in-pattern/44179

v0.52
-speed improvements (thanks to dBlue for pointers)