Why are there 2 cursors (dark yellow and light yellow)

I like moving around trackers with the arrow keys and copy pasting notes?

Why doesn’t the light yellow transparent cursor follow my dark yellow solid cursor? The arrow keys move around the dark yellow cursor but the light yellow cursor is the one that allows copy/paste?

Why do I need two cursors? I have to move the dark yellow cursor with my arrow keys and then move the light yellow one with my mouse. It’s double the work.

Using the standard Renoise theme, I guess?

Here is a typical screenshot

3.0_patterneditor.png

Yellow cursor is where you move around but also the position at which paste will insert content.

So I guess what you mean is that a copy operation takes it’s content from the selection (the darker “region” - not really a cursor)

This is true, you create a selection and then, you can use the cursor to insert it somewhere.

But, using the mouse to create a selection is far from the only way to mark some region of the pattern, just like Ctrl+C is not the only way to copy.

Here are a few examples

Alt + q : select block in track

Alt + w : select block in pattern

Shift + F3/F4/F5 - cut/copy/paste track :

Cmd/Ctrl+Shift + F3/F4/F5 - cut/copy/paste column

Alt + q : select block in track

Alt + w : select block in pattern

Shift + F3/F4/F5 - cut/copy/paste track :

Cmd/Ctrl+Shift + F3/F4/F5 - cut/copy/paste colum

Those commands are very useful and right on track for what I want. Is there also a command for?

Alt + ? : Select cell in track

Alt + ? : Select entire track

Those commands are very useful and right on track for what I want. Is there also a command for?
Alt + ? : Select cell in track
Alt + ? : Select entire track

By ‘cell’, you mean line in track? Not that I’m aware of, but someone might have written a tool for it.
Second best option: press SHIFT, then arrow down/up (or up/down)

l just don’t understand how Post #2 justifies the confusion of 2 cursors :-S

I didn’t. I just tried to clarify what I think OP was confused about.

There is only one cursor, unless you count the playback position as a cursor (it isn’t).
Any paste operation is based on that cursor, some cut+copy operations rely on the selected region - this is nothing special, most software works in this way.
I just provided a few hints as to how you can better, more quickly select those regions without having to use the mouse.

Is there also a command for? (…)

A great place to look for such things is Renoise’s keyboard preferences. There’s a search field there where you can enter terms like “select”, “copy”, “note”, etc., and it will quickly show you which functions exist, which keys are mapped to them, and so on. It can often be quicker to look there first, before searching through the entire user manual.