Loading xrns Songs into Redux ??!!

so redux has been released… and as far as i have understood this, it’s renoise as vsti, right?

just with some new fancy features and such …

does redux allow me to load my renoise songs and let me use the song in any other daw like

studio one v3 or so??

and how does redux work, it’s several channels in redux, but connected to one channel of the daw?

would redux allow me to somewhat import a song into a daw or more, let me finalise a renoise song

in another daw ???

Redux is basacally only the sampler section of Renoise, it’s a VST that uses Renoise instruments. If you want the whole song from Renoise into another DAW you can do that with Rewire.

does redux allow me to load my renoise songs and let me use the song in any other daw

Like TheBellows pointed out, Redux is the Renoise sampler in a standalone,package. This means, third party plugins are a no-go as well.

But if you are already using ‘pure’ Renoise instruments, you can right click in the Renoise pattern editor → convert to phrase. The resulting instrument will contain the sound and notes of the instrument used in that track, and can be saved as a xrni (Renoise/Redux instrument).
With a bit of work (or some cool tool to automate the process), it would be possible to package a song into a few such presets.

My main DAW is Renoise, so I don’t really finalize songs in some other software. But I could easily imagine this being a nice way to work - do some rough sketches, hooks, melody lines etc. in Renoise, load up in Redux and assemble, polish it somewhere else. A bit more flexible than rendering stems, and, as a side benefit, you would grow a nice collection of presets.

and how does redux work, it’s several channels in redux, but connected to one channel of the daw?

No, Redux is multichannel - you have complete control of the target for each DSP chain. So you can e.g. process mids, highs and lows separately for a single sample, if that’s what you want.

Since multiple tracks cannot be selected at the same time, how do I put a drum part that spans over multiple tracks into a phrase?

Since multiple tracks cannot be selected at the same time, how do I put a drum part that spans over multiple tracks into a phrase?

I guess you’ll have to turn one of them into a phrase and copy/paste the rest.

I only wish for a possibility to load xrni’s directly from a xrns, instead of just the possibility to extract samples from it. It would make it a lot easier, just save the track in Renoise and load its instrument in Redux.

Haha, i wrote basacally… :badteeth:

Assuming that each track is representing different things (kicks on first track, perhaps hihats on second), I would prefer turn them into separate phrases anyway.Unfortunately, the built-in ‘convert to phrase’ will create a new instrument. In most cases, this is great - but as it creates a single phrase, you’d have to manually copy-paste the rest. Not so cool.

I’d like the ability to collect multiple phrases in the same instrument, with the ability to create a new instrument as an option.
Luckily, there’s a tool for that. PhrasePhreak by Pat does exactly this - creates phrases from current selection or block.

Assuming that each track is representing different things (kicks on first track, perhaps hihats on second), I would prefer turn them into separate phrases anyway.

Interesting. Thanks for the answer. I need to think about why I would want that for a bit. What the advantages and disadvantages are. I guess one obvious disadvantage is that I would run out of phrases (they are limited per instrument, right?) pretty soon. Since I had to do that for each pattern individually (there’s also a limit on the length of the phrase, isn’t it?). So it would be nr_drums x nr_patterns. On average probably something around 10 x 20 or so.