New youtube uploads: DX7, Arpie and Transcendent 2000

As I’m moving house, I took the opportunity to demo some synths while I still have access to them:

This is a DX7 (Mk 1) with an ARPIE. An amazing MIDI arpeggiator which works on outboard gear alone…no computer required.

Here is me dicking about on my Transcendent 2000 synth. YES! I have been trying to sell it, but it’s still a great piece of kit.

And finally an overview of the Transcendent 2000 - what it does, why it does it and (nothing about) how it does it.

I hope these are enjoyable/useful for you.

midierror

That DX-7 just looks like an absolute blast to jam on. I would just sit at it and play random shit for hours.

The Transcendent sounds nice. It looks like you have it linked to an FX box in the 2nd video?

You will really love or hate the Roland Juno 2. It can make those “percussive sounds” in Video #3, and all these serotonin-releasing dreamy digital synthchord sounds too.

Yeah its a Lexicon reverb unit, which really opens up the T2000. You’re right, i desperately want a Juno…next thing on my wishlist is JUNO 60. I will check out the 2

That DX-7 just looks like an absolute blast to jam on. I would just sit at it and play random shit for hours.

Its so rich, and its built like a tank! I normally use a TX816 for DX7 sounds, but having it as a keyboard it the way it should be. It feels so good to play…absolutely love it

That arp looks like a nice bit of kit.

Heard of the SuperMax or E! expansion boards? They let you add heaps of features to the DX7 apparently including local control off which would solve your issue of the sound triggering. I installed a Super Max but haven’t figured out how to do that so far.

I’ve got a stuck key also, maybe it’s a common fault.

That arp looks like a nice bit of kit.

Heard of the SuperMax or E! expansion boards?

Yeah it’s great. Definitely need more time to experiment with it…will hopefully do a vid with the TX81Z or something in the near future.

I haven’t heard of those boards, but they sound great!