Right Click pattern length to get the option to set the pattern length

Right Click pattern length to get the option to set the pattern length globally.

I just went looking for the option to change the global pattern length from 64 to 32 and could not find the option in the preferences menu.

Just one example where something could be easier to find than it is.

Every time I come back to Renoise to learn, the gui says “no, go back and read the manual again because you forgot everything”

Do you mean, resize (hm, crop?) existing patterns or determine a default size for new patterns?

Because, cropping all patterns to the same size is a bit specialized, I can’t really see that become a standard feature.

Specifying the default size, on the other hand, is important but a bit hidden ATM: see the menu entry “Song > Pattern highlight” .

I believe these various song options have finally been unified into a single dialog in 3.1

scenario: i change the initial pattern from 64 to 32 to avoid the scrolling effect, and the next pattern is default 64 again, i search for the option in the preferences, not finding it. I try right clicking the pattern length number as an intuitive attempt to invoke a menu, nothing happened, so I posted here with the idea with the hope that it would help someone in the future.

scenario: i change the initial pattern from 64 to 32 to avoid the scrolling effect, and the next pattern is default 64 again, i search for the option in the preferences, not finding it. I try right clicking the pattern length number as an intuitive attempt to invoke a menu, nothing happened, so I posted here with the idea with the hope that it would help someone in the future.

Like danoise tried to explain you is that the option is not located in the preferences, it’s under ‘Song’.