I originally appended this here, but l don't think the sticky was the right place, as someone mentioned on the sticky.
So, here are a few changes l'd like with a view to live performance. Basically, add more to the Matrix View - it seems fine as it is, but like anything, could be better, and the Matrix View is a "growth area". It's important for live musicians.
- Perhaps make a more intuitive the way of inserting patterns and copy / pasting selections of multiple patterns, into an existing song sequence.
- Allow the few extra song spaces in front of the actual song to have pattern numbers written into them without having to actually press the + button at the play cursor (so, if the play cursor is in the middle of the song, you can sneakily add a few extra patterns to the song without interrupting play)
- Perhaps allow individual blocks to be labelled, to give more of a manual aliasing of blocks (on top of the existing method of block aliasing).
- [No "Perhaps" about this one - this is a must] When you alter an aliased block, you must at least have the option NOT to have the changes also occur in every other identical aliased block. well duh, use the un-alias option.
- [No "Perhaps" about this one - this is a must] Allow Matrix View to be streeeetched sideways. Allow it to fill the screen if you fancy. Need to instantly trace blocks to their title headings, you see.
- Allow notes to be written to the right hand side of each row of blocks at each song position in the Matrix View.
- When the oscilloscope display is used to swtich individual blocks on / off, give the option for a countdown to the re-start of the pattern / the start of the next pattern, before the change takes effect. This allows for smooth audio progressions when playing live.
- When opening a Renoise song file, allow right click --> Open in New Renoise Instance / New Window (or are you only allowed the right click menu that Microsoft Windows itself provides?). It helps you mix Renoise instances.
Feel free to add your suggestions too (for live performance only please)