Legato Mode

Hi

I am just a little bit confused how legato mode works. So the mono button gets you there I guess.

Samples that overlap start at the loop as defined in the waveform or start at the beginning as they don`t overlap.

There is a behaviour that the envelope just starts at another time than zero as notes overlap. I got that once, but does`t behave as I try to reconstruct.

How can I do that?

Thanks.

There is a behaviour that the envelope just starts at another time than zero as notes overlap. I got that once, but does`t behave as I try to reconstruct.

When you hit the “mono” button, Redux will switch to monophonic playback, but retrigger the sample each time a note is played.
Next to the mono button is a value which specifies the glide amount.

mono_glide.gif?raw=1

You want to set it to one of these values:

OFF : the default value, no glide
G01-GFE: specifies gliding between notes (smaller is slower)
GFF: instant glide between notes, a.k.a. legato

If you trigger a sample with glide, it should continue playing but in the tempo of note it most recently received.

Generally speaking, the “G” is conceptually the same as the Gxx command that you can apply within phrases.

Thanks!

So got it.

Besides in mono mode overlapping notes don`t start at the beginning, but in the Loop Section as specified in the Waveform.

And in the Loop Section of the Envelope. That makes it interesting for Filter Sweeps f.e.

cheers

I hope I’m doing something wrong, but there seems to be an issue with Mono mode: I hear previous notes continue to release when the Mono button is engaged. I also see the visual release indicator of the envelope continue to move.

Shouldn’t the previous note stop playing as soon as the new one is initiated?

Thanks!

Shouldn’t the previous note stop playing as soon as the new one is initiated?

The mono option is a trigger option which simply restricts Redux to a single note at a time, not a single voice.

So, what you experience is that you can trigger voices that are overlapping (press and release before triggering a new note) and at the same time, play the instrument with legato (press and hold key, then press another key while still holding the first key).

If you’re looking to do a “monophonic synth”, check out the NNA option. It’s specified per sample (sample properties) and will decide what happens with overlapping voices. It works in phrases too: if you enter a note into a note column followed by another note, with no OFF/release inbetween, NNA decides what will happen.

Thank you for the quick response and I’ll give it a try!

I found if I turn Mono on, set the glide to its max (i.e. GFF) and set NNA to Cut I get the “mono synth” sound I was looking for. Thanks again for the detailed help!