Mak Others & Midierror - Statue

http://soundcloud.com/midi-error/mak-others-midierror-statue

Really excited to work with this girl, its our first collaboration. Hopefully the start of something…

Share your thoughts people! Thanks

midierror

Interesting work. Music and vocal complete each other well. Very energetic and inspiring collaboration. Congratulations.

it’s a cool track man, the vibe is great, vocal works with the atmosphere really well.

Just think the bassline is quite simple, as it’s such a prevalent feature of the track some more sound design, varying bass noise fills could make it more interesting. could definitely make those drums louder too! Beef them up with some layering etc

It’s cool got that 2000s electro vibe which i love haha

drunken Dave Guetta fighting some drunken sailors on shore leave and getting a splintered bottle of WKD in face boohoo

Thats a pretty vivid description! You may be right, a lot of people have said it sounds `commercial’ which is not a good word. Back to the drawing board!

it’s a cool track man, the vibe is great, vocal works with the atmosphere really well.

Just think the bassline is quite simple, as it’s such a prevalent feature of the track some more sound design, varying bass noise fills could make it more interesting. could definitely make those drums louder too! Beef them up with some layering etc

It’s cool got that 2000s electro vibe which i love haha

Thanks man, yeah I know - the reason it sounds so flat is because the other parts of the song it seemed to move around too much. If you can offer any ideas for an alternative I’d be grateful

Thats a pretty vivid description! You may be right, a lot of people have said it sounds `commercial’ which is not a good word. Back to the drawing board!

Thanks man, yeah I know - the reason it sounds so flat is because the other parts of the song it seemed to move around too much. If you can offer any ideas for an alternative I’d be grateful

bit cliché but an old school house bass sound could work. would definitely make it sound more contemporary.

something like this:

Think its a fairly simple fm patch

I’ve gone back to this track, and its nearly finished.

dg1.gif

https://soundcloud.com/midi-error/mak-statue

sorry sorry sorry sorry

Producers remorse, or just preemptively excusing for the guetta-haters out there?

To my ears the production sounds more “open” than the first version - some nice details in the back too.

Its just not the sort of music I bought renoise to make…I’m starting to look at the whole `making music’ thing, having spent a lot of time jamming stuff live recently

Is slaving over a computer track the best way to make music…?