Renoise and MC-505 : SysEx questions

Hi all !

I’ve a question about using Roland MC-505 and Renoise…

I would like to send changing programs messages to my MC-505, but I’m lost in the SysEx…

So… how I can send SysEx messages like program change to my MC-505 please ?
I’m lost in hexadecimal…

Thanks !

You don’t need to use Sysex to change banks or programms. Instead use the native “Instr. MIDI Control”-Meta device, define your control changes and control your params via automation or pattern commands.

Hi, thanks.

Howewer, with Waldorf Blofeld, MIDI CC is more limited thna SysEx messages.
Example : for change shape of oscillator 1 (and 2), MIDI CC can choose only 5 waveforms (pulse, saw, triangle, sine, alt1, alt2).
With SysEx, it is possible to choose 72 waveforms.

This is for Blofeld limitation I’ve found, I don’t know if same limitations on MC-505 :-/

ps : sorry for my english, I’m french

Hi all !

I’ve a question about using Roland MC-505 and Renoise…

I would like to send changing programs messages to my MC-505, but I’m lost in the SysEx…

Thanks !

It should be pretty easy…can you send me a link to where you got the sysex info?

Well, in the manual of MC-505, in section “Midi Implementation” (p. 233) : http://www.zikossworld.free.fr/docwiki/Groovebox-MC-505-EN.pdf

I am a little bit confused to format and used hexadecimal code in messages :-/

I feel like many people here do not understand the point of using SysExes in Renoise:

Sure, in ronan311’s case it was simply about a program change, but there are also situations in which sysex is the only way to go.

Many of us have synths (especially old ones) which might have even “common” stuff as SysExes which would nowadays be handled by CC messages. Also - many synths have sound shaping parameters which can be controlled via sysex messages, and it would be tremendously helpful to be able to just enter those messages in the song among other midi messages. Also - being able to set up a pattern at the beginning of song which would set the appropriate settings for each synth via sysex before starting to play without the need to do that externally would be pretty awesome.

As long as Renoise is only able to send simple stuff like CC and instrument change messages, it is a bit crippled for synth use unfortunately :frowning: Everything else in it is pretty awesome

I have an mc303, to do program changes I need to send TWO cc’s, not just 1. RTFM and use the midi inst in renoise. I just found out about GURU tonight maybe we can collab and make one for these beasts.

As long as Renoise is only able to send simple stuff like CC and instrument change messages, it is a bit crippled for synth use unfortunately :frowning: Everything else in it is pretty awesome

Sorry mate you’re totally wrong there

These both use sysex

Program changes can be done in renoise here

This might help https://www.midi.org/specifications/item/table-1-summary-of-midi-message

I have an mc303, to do program changes I need to send TWO cc’s, not just 1. RTFM and use the midi inst in renoise. I just found out about GURU tonight maybe we can collab and make one for these beasts.

OOh OOh *excited face… I have a 303 too and spending so much time in the box that I hadn’t even thought of hooking it up to renoise :badteethslayer: