Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Ecstasy (Berto Infuso's Strawberry Shortcak

25ewl7n.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/bertoinfuso/bone-thugs-n-harmony-ecstasy-berto-infusos-strawberry-shortcake-edit-free-download

comments and feedback are welcome… don’t be too soft on me :wink:

Hey! Had to comment on this one, because I really do love some BTNH (particularly E1999 era - though this track was def a banger back in the day). I actually have been toying with the idea of sampling Bizzy on some of his faster tracks to see if it would make for some interesting percussion (like, you know, “Get Bizzy” or something like that).

Anyway, definitely enjoyed this one - here’s what I’d recommend:

1. Ditch the intro portion of the song - or selectively sample it for your own intro. It throws me off, though that may be solely due to the fact that I’m so familar with this track.

2. This song becomes very interesting right around the 3:00 mark. That’s because, instead of just using the original track vocals, you are doing something unique and creative, making the samples into an instrument, rather than just making a backing track to the existing vocals. However . . .

3. For the first few minutes of the song, one thing that I’d like to hear would be the vocals way more present/up front in the mix. You could probably do some very interesting things with panning/sidechaining/ducking to still use the original vocal track, and really have an interplay between that and the rest of the music. I’d even consider dropping all the music out entirely for certain segments of the vocals - letting selected highlights of the original track shine through really clearly. Basically, I’d just recommend putting some focus on using the vocals as an instrument in and of themselves - lots of rich tones to work with there, just gotta figure out how to tease them out.

One question - were you able to find this somewhere acapella, or did you somehow strip the vocals/work with the existing vocal mix?

St. Claire! :slight_smile:

One question - were you able to find this somewhere acapella, or did you somehow strip the vocals/work with the existing vocal mix?

A very, very bad vinyl rip acapella :frowning:

The track is remastered 5 minutes ago and updated by the way…

Thanks for the great advice! will try it and re-upload it again next week or something. I’m glad you liked it :slight_smile:

this a new project for you buddy? liking it. Maybe having the vocal drop out more often will give it more emphasis and give the track a bit more direction.

drums and bass working nicely together though. could do with some other percussion maybe? bit more groove etc

Interesting work. Vocal samples sounds obscure, which makes special noir atmosphere. Track has deep bassline. I imagine how its blows sound system in a club.