[done 3.1 b5] Metronome meter -> song

Hi

Is it too late to ask for the “beats per bar” setting in preferences->audio->metronome to be moved to song. Extremely awkward to have to change a global global setting when switching between songs in different meters…

Seems to make sense to change this to per song

I do not know if I understand correctly.

Is saving the metronome volume level for each song?

I have proposed to add a simple volume bar next to the metronome button (It is smaller than the global level). Thereby:

6015 07B-volume-metromome-maximized.png

Thus, in each song control the metronome level to your liking directly.

+1

Just to make it clear: not talking about volume, but about meter. A song in 3/4 and a song in 4/4 should have different metronome settings in “beats per bars”, but currently this setting is in global preferences, should be moved to a per song setting…

renoise_metronome_settings.png

… A song in 3/4 and a song in 4/4 should have different metronome settings in “beats per bars”, but currently this setting is in global preferences, should be moved to a per song setting…

A773, It is a great idea. Being thatyou propose, to save the volume level of the metronome per song also.I have continually fights with the volume level of the metronome. T** he numerical value of the Volume Level Metronomecan be changed in config.xml, but very impractical.**I guess to save in the code of the song, the volume level will also have prominence (Are all the songs or slides of song are going to keep the same volume level in metronome?).

It would be great to be addressed everything, save in song XRNS:

• Beats per barmetronome
  • Lines per beatmetronome
  • Precountmetronome
  • & Volume Level metronome (the great forgotten!!!)Even inPreferences/Audio/Metronomeit seems to be hidden on purpose.

Bumpy, what says taktik?

Hi

Is it too late to ask for the “beats per bar” setting in preferences->audio->metronome to be moved to song. Extremely awkward to have to change a global global setting when switching between songs in different meters…

I would much rather the beats per bar setting and metronome settings be applied to the pattern rather than the song (you should obviously be able to set the default pattern time signature/beats per bar in a song though).

I write a lot of stuff with several time signature changes in the song, and being able to define this per pattern would be much more useful than being stuck with the same time signature for the whole song. The lack of time signature awareness in Renoise is one of my biggest annoyances with the program.

If I have a pattern in say 7/8, I want the metronome to play a 7/8 beat, not a 4/4 beat. It would be good to be able to set up the metronome in each pattern to custom bar/beat divisions: for example, if I take the 7/8 pattern, it might be a compound time signature of 3/8 + 4/8, so I want the metronome to place an accent on the first and 4th beats. As another example, 3/4 bar should have different beat accents to 6/8, even though they have the same number of beats in the bar. This should also apply to line highlighting in the pattern, so the accents in the metronome are reflected in highlight colors in the pattern.

This could be achieved with a pattern effects command that uses the first value to set the beat divisor and the second the beat value.

Obviously even better. At least having it globally defined, makes the least sense…

I would much rather the beats per bar setting and metronome settings be applied to the pattern rather than the song (you should obviously be able to set the default pattern time signature/beats per bar in a song though).

I write a lot of stuff with several time signature changes in the song, and being able to define this per pattern would be much more useful than being stuck with the same time signature for the whole song. The lack of time signature awareness in Renoise is one of my biggest annoyances with the program.

If I have a pattern in say 7/8, I want the metronome to play a 7/8 beat, not a 4/4 beat. It would be good to be able to set up the metronome in each pattern to custom bar/beat divisions: for example, if I take the 7/8 pattern, it might be a compound time signature of 3/8 + 4/8, so I want the metronome to place an accent on the first and 4th beats. As another example, 3/4 bar should have different beat accents to 6/8, even though they have the same number of beats in the bar. This should also apply to line highlighting in the pattern, so the accents in the metronome are reflected in highlight colors in the pattern.

This could be achieved with a pattern effects command that uses the first value to set the beat divisor and the second the beat value.

@Hazardous!Does that does not serve you?:

Effect Global Commands (eg add in Master FX Column, inside of the Pattern Editor):

You can change the BPM and LPBin each line.then it would be able to control directly.

So, it would be able to control the metronome directly through some command?

Eg (invented), new Global Commands for Metronome:

1. ZMxx - Set Beats per Bar (Metronome), xx= 01 until 10 (16 values, in hexadecimal), the beats
  2. ZNxx - Set Lines per Beat (Metronome), xx= 01 until FF (255 values, in hexadecimal), the lines

The Master Track in Pattern Editor are 8 FX columns. This might work.

Any other ideas to implement this?

Hi

Indeed should be configured per song. Moved the metronome beat/lines settings to the “other” related settings in the “Song Options” dialog now.

Kept the Metronome Precount bar length a preference, cause it seems more like a preference than a song related setting to me.

Nice, thanks!

Indeed should be configured per song. Moved the metronome beat/lines settings to the “other” related settings in the “Song Options” dialog now.

Kept the Metronome Precount bar length a preference, cause it seems more like a preference than a song related setting to me.

Taktik,this would be possible?:

New parameter for pattern editor:

1. ZMxx - Set Beats per Bar (Metronome), xx= 01 until 10 (16 values, in hexadecimal), the beats.

I think with a single parameter solves the problem that says Hazardous (https://forum.renoise.com/t/done-3-1-b5-metronome-meter-song/44499),Allow controlcompassalong the track. Eg:a song with 70 patterns:

• 40 patterns with metronome in 4x4
  • 30 patterns with metronome in 3x4
  • etc

I myself have had problems with this. In classical compositions (soundtraks) often you change the rhythm throughout the song (it’s an example).This is very important for the live recording.

Taktik, I attached a real example (achunk of song):

R3.1b4. Active metronome, follow the pattern, and play song: 6244 metronome-beats-per-bar.xrns

What happens:

• Pattern 00 ( 64 lines) (BMP= 116 LPB= 4 )=(ZT 74 , ZL 04 );metronome works in 4x4 : [Beats per Bar= 4 ,Lines per Beat=LPB( 4 )]
  • Pattern 01 ( 96 lines)(BMP= 158 LPB= 8 )=(ZT 9E , ZL 08 );metronome works in 4x3 :[Beats per Bar=4,Lines per Beat=LPB( 8 )]<—
  • Pattern 00 ( 64 lines) (BMP= 116 LPB= 4 )=(ZT 74 , ZL 04 );metronome works in 4x4 : [Beats per Bar= 4 , Lines per Beat=LPB( 4 )]

The objective (metronome works faster in 3x4 in Pattern 01):

• Pattern 00 ( 64 lines) (BMP= 116 LPB= 4 )=(ZT 74 , ZL 04 );metronome works in 4x4 : [Beats per Bar= 4 ,Lines per Beat=LPB( 4 )]
  • Pattern 01 ( 96 lines)(BMP= 158 LPB= 8 )=(ZT 9E , ZL 08 );metronome works in 3x4 :[Beats per Bar=4, Lines per Beat=LPB( 8 )] needed a command for Beats per Bar (eg new “ZMxx”), change value to 03, in pattern 01 and line 00.

The problem is that it is impossible to change in live the Beats per Bar of metronome in Pattern Editor,always a fixed value.Could you add this parameter in Master Track, (similar to ZTxx and ZLxx)?

This would be very useful for live recording…

The problem (…)

If you really need more precise control over what the metronome is doing from pattern to pattern, then another option is to simply make your own metronome by taking advantage of phrases.

Refer to this older post I made on the same topic:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/different-metronomes-values-per-pattern/41226

Thanks dblue!I did not know this post…

A quick example song :]

By putting different metronome patterns into phrases, you can build up a library of rhythms that you can easily re-use in your songs.

attachicon.gif2014-03-26-renoise-metronome-track.xrns

Good trick! But I see a little convoluted (replace the native metronome for a track with phrase,simple to make but notofcontrol).

I do not seek anything complicated or exotic, but as simply as possible and fast,because Renoise already has a metronome,but fixed in Pattern Editor.I think a simply additional command "ZMxx"to control Beats per Bar in Master Track (16 values) would be perfect.Only you have to change one number each time you need it (ZM03, ZM04…) without complications.What would a malfunctionifadd this command?

With this solution you have to add a track, adda prefabricated phrase, and manually control thePlay/Off volume track (of metronome/phrase), without control MIDI mapped or direct (key: º ).

I realize that others users have thought exactly the same I as here,without I know, as it says Piranhatrons 2000 here:https://forum.renoise.com/t/different-metronomes-values-per-pattern/41226

In addition, I control the metronome from the keyboardMIDI(mapped).The commandZMxx (or something similar) would be very useful.

It’s just an opinion.Thank you very much for the information!

It would be very greatifit is added!