Content library install path question & idea

I really like it!

Will this be unpacked on install or does renoise load samples, instruments directly from this file (similar to the refills in reason)?

I think collection libraries can become quite big in future. Maybe it should be possible to specify a path for it?

I installed renoise on the main partition and samples, songs, instruments are on a different one.

At the moment, it’s a fixed location within your Documents folder. When you “install” a library, the contents will be extracted to this location, and then Renoise will simply scan whatever compatible files are found there.

Technically, you could create a symlink to another external location, and then manually move any extracted content there instead. Renoise should still pick it up quite happily, as it would with any other normal folder.

If I prefer to not create symbolic links: Is there any xml config file where both user library and installed library path are defined or it is hard coded in the renoise.exe ?

thanks in advance!

I would like to choose where my User Library is located. My home folder (linux) is quite tidy :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks!!

I moved it and symlinked it and it works fine

How can I force a rescan? Renoise seems to ignore any changes in the user library… On win7 x64 with the rns_3_1_0b3_win64 version.

I’ve saved a doofer named “Gator-automne.xrnt” in 3 directory and none of them appears in the Doofers list in the effect list (bottom-left).
\Documents\Renoise\User Library\Effect Chains\Gator-automne.xrnt

\Documents\Renoise\User Library\Gator-automne.xrnt

\Documents\Renoise\User Library\Effect Presets\Doofer\Gator-automne.xrnt

Am I just a unfortunate guy or its really a bug? Anyone experiencing that?

I’ve saved a doofer named “Gator-automne.xrnt” in 3 directory and none of them appears in the Doofers list (…)

An XRNT file is a Device Chain. The Doofer will not recognise those as presets.

To save Doofer presets, you must use the same method for saving other standard device presets: Right-click the device’s current preset name — “Init” by default — then use the “Save As” or “Export Preset” option. This will save the device preset to an XRDP file instead. The Doofer will then read those XRDP files from \User Library\Effect Presets\Doofer\ and will show them as presets.

Hey dblue,

Is it possible to place preset with Vstis inside into a content library, too? And 2. , maybe device chains for tracks?

Is it possible to place preset with Vstis inside into a content library, too? And 2. , maybe device chains for tracks?

An XRNL content library may contain any compatible Renoise file, so XRNI instruments and XRNT device chains are totally fine.

If your XRNI instrument contains a VST/AU plugin, then it will load normally into Renoise, but not into Redux since it doesn’t support plugins within itself.

Thx

Thanks dBlue… I still have things to learn… :blush:

Hi, +1 for a configurable libraries path :slight_smile:

I don’t like having the folder or symlink hanging around in $HOME.

1 Like