CC messages (knob twiddling) per FX column (to VST effect)?

Hello all!

I tried searching for this first (and actually figured out a workaround from some topics), but was still wondering:

Is there any way to set up Midi CC to control a VST effect and have each knob correspond to a separate FX column in the editor? I.E., I can set up a knob on my controller to control an effect, and I can record said effect changes in the FX column. However, if assign more than one CC (knob) to a parameter on the effect, whenever I record, the CC messages are only recorded on the active FX column.

I realize that, if i wanted to, I could click on a different column and twist a knob and just record to that column - but what I really want to do is be able to twist a lot of different knobs and have each one record into their own FX columns automatically.

For anyone who comes across this: a workaround is to click the button that pushes DSP sliders into graphic envelopes as per below. This won’t allow you populate the FX column with values, but it WILL allow you to twist multiple knobs at the same time and record their results individually in envelopes (see image below).

PS Only reason I want to use FX column is b/c I’ve gotten accustomed to doing most stuff in Renoise via keyboard.

Envelopes have much better resolution so i would recommend you stick with them :-).

Envelopes have much better resolution so i would recommend you stick with them :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: