How to set start point of sample Playback?

Hi,

Another thing that i can’t find in the manual: How to set a start point of sample playback?

Cheers,
Andrey

You can only do that with slice markers or the Sxx pattern command.

Thank you. But… At this case it’s unable to modulate sample playback start point, right?

that it’s what only implies :wink: But this can be done with user-made tools, which will be run in “almost-real time”, but under some circumstances and settings it won’t work as expected. Look up the loop point automation tool. Once danoise, I think, said he’d made a tool that would write the offset as a Sxx pattern command in the next line, so you would get a sample start offset ready before triggering a note.

that it’s what only implies :wink: But this can be done with user-made tools, which will be run in “almost-real time”, but under some circumstances and settings it won’t work as expected. Look up the loop point automation tool. Once danoise, I think, said he’d made a tool that would write the offset as a Sxx pattern command in the next line, so you would get a sample start offset ready before triggering a note.

Hm… I use Redux in Reaper, like VST. And wants to be able automate it via envelopes that i can paint by myself.

ah, sorry, somewhere along i forgot to mention that tools only exist in renoise, not redux

ah, sorry, somewhere along i forgot to mention that tools only exist in renoise, not redux

Yeah, mate :frowning: This is very strange for me that so great sampler have no so basics options :frowning:

1 Like

I would think such features will be implemented when redux/renoise instruments get proper, non-macro only automatable parameters.

Yeah, mate :frowning: This is very strange for me that so great sampler have no so basics options :frowning:

Yes, I am wondering about the lack of basic sampler features for years…

1 Like

Setting the start point would be awesome. Modulating the start point would be awesomer.

1 Like

Another way to control the sample start point is to use the offset keytracking mode in the phrase editor when autoseek is enabled for the respective sample. Using this method, you can spot interesting audio fragments by exploring the sample via the keyboard on a per-line resolution if the sample itself is not too long. I think it’s really fun to experiment with this feature.

Has this been fixed 8 years later? It’s a basic feature of most sampler to be able to control the start point.

nope

Dang. I feel like Redux is so close to being the best sampler plugin in the world. And, it’s almost painful to watch. It’s like we have an amazing super car, but they forgot to add, something silly like… the ability to go in reverse. So people have to get out and push their car to go backwards. Please make fixing Redux a priority. Why is Redux so important? Redux is key because anyone can buy it regardless of DAW choice. This gives Redux the key role as Renoise’s ambassador. People from other DAWs will most likely develop a relationship with the brand through Redux first, because buying a plugin is a much smaller choice than switching DAWs.
If Redux feels unfinished, that does not leave a good impression. We just need some basic features that Redux is lacking compared to the competition, and I think this plugin can own the sampler market.

2 Likes