Anyone using Analog Rytm + Overbridge and Renoise?

If you do, would be great to hear some experiences.

What works what does not and so forth.

Most of the demos out there are using Ableton Live as host.

Would like to know this also, overbridge 1.10 is revealed soon

Just ordered an AR, will report back what the outcome is.

Tread of interest?
http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/44871-songs-renoise-overbridge-template/

Just ordered an AR, will report back what the outcome is.

Nice one, thanks!

Tread of interest?
http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/44871-songs-renoise-overbridge-template/

Thanks - missed that :slight_smile:

Just received the AR and using the Beta right now of Overbridge.

Forgot to change a setting in the AR to get OB to work but then I had already installed the beta :slight_smile:

Anyway the little time that I’ve had testing this, it do seem to work well.

But haven’t tried anything complicated yet so I’ll have to test some more.

Sounds good, curious if automation works in renoise with overbridge plugin, and also the overbridge audio device/routing, enjoy it anyhow and see how it goes!

Will test more this weekend but so far what I’ve found out but haven’t been able to confirm.

Audio Routing - whatever channels you enable in the plugin/control panel is selectable in the audio routing.

Only issue is (from what I understand) is that e.g. BD and SD share the same stereo-pair but each are in mono and panned hard right left.

Haven’t checked if I can turn those to two mono channels yet.

Automation - will need to check this more, was not able to get any knob movements or pads to register in Renoise.

Not sure though if this is by design, problem with the beta-version of OB or something else.

Haven’t yet tested the other way around.

Nice thanks for the update, for the automation would have to try adding the instrument automation plugin and see if any parameters show up.

Some updates.

Audio Routing - with a bit of a workaround you can audio route pretty much anything.

E.g. for the “dual” tracks e.g. BD hard panned right and SD hard panned left.

You can use gainer and send tracks to separate the two channels and then with e.g. stereo expander turn them to mono-channels.

For FX you need to turn on global routing in the OB-plugin otherwise every sound get triggered on the main track as well.

Automation:

Instr. Automation list a lot of parameters to automate and they seem to work as well.

Trying to record e.g. knob-movements or pad-tapping doesn’t seem to register.

Don’t see any input from the AR when looking at the MIDI-monitor while moving knobs or tapping the pads.

Some updates.

Audio Routing - with a bit of a workaround you can audio route pretty much anything.
E.g. for the “dual” tracks e.g. BD hard panned right and SD hard panned left.
You can use gainer and send tracks to separate the two channels and then with e.g. stereo expander turn them to mono-channels.
For FX you need to turn on global routing in the OB-plugin otherwise every sound get triggered on the main track as well.

Automation:
Instr. Automation list a lot of parameters to automate and they seem to work as well.
Trying to record e.g. knob-movements or pad-tapping doesn’t seem to register.
Don’t see any input from the AR when looking at the MIDI-monitor while moving knobs or tapping the pads.

Great thankyou, actually i just thought, i don’t think it sends midi controls out, which would explain the lack of response in midi monitor.
It’s still in beta so maybe some things arent fully implemented yet i guess.