Deep House (Chords)

Any of you produce a deep house track?

How’d you do the 3plet kind of chords on a tracker? (sounds like a deep house track?)

I can’t seem to find a good tutorial on renoise about how to do that groovy feel on a deep house stab or a chord?

That actually sounds like this > >https://youtu.be/pEQMmJdYJ0g?t=2m46s < < (Chord / Stab Part) the IDK if it’s a triplet or some off beat kind of notes

in this particular tutorial how’d you do the trick?

When I make a chord it goes like this

00= C4 00 - E4 00 - G4 00

01= C4 00 - E4 00 - G4 00

02= OFF OFF OFF

03= C$ 00 - E4 00 - G4 00

and the sounds not so similar to the one on the link I know Piano Roll is best on this kind of composition but I want to know how to use a tracker to achieve it?

I’m sorry if my grammar is wrong

but I know somebody out there knows what I’m talking about?

https://forum.renoise.com/t/triplets-in-renoise/44747

IDK if it’s a triplet or some off beat kind of notes

For such a simple pattern, I wouldn’t worry too much about technical stuff like triplets — or “trip-uhh-lets” as he says in the video, hehe.

If you look closely at the video, you can see that the piano roll grid in FL Studio is set to 4 divisions per beat (16th notes).

6275 renoise-cloudspell-fl.png

For such a simple pattern, I wouldn’t worry too much about technical stuff like triplets — or “trip-uhh-lets” as he says in the video, hehe.

I know, I was messing around myself with “trip-uhh-lets” today with some simple samples. Suffice to say mine didn’t really work. And I forgot I was in the beta version of Renoise 3.1 :rolleyes:

P.S. Worth just mentioning here that I wouldn’t class those 3 notes as ‘triplets’ like he says in the video. More just an off beat rhythm placement of the notes. So to correct myself, the example does not contain triplets.

For such a simple pattern, I wouldn’t worry too much about technical stuff like triplets — or “trip-uhh-lets” as he says in the video, hehe.If you look closely at the video, you can see that the piano roll grid in FL Studio is set to 4 divisions per beat (16th notes). attachicon.gifrenoise-cloudspell-fl.pngWhen you start Renoise in its default state, it will be set to 4 LPB (4 lines per beat) which means that every pattern line is a 16th note, just like the default grid in FL Studio.Now you just have to imagine the piano roll on its side, count the grid steps, and line up the notes in Renoise — piece of cake! :slight_smile: attachicon.gifrenoise-cloudspell.png attachicon.gifdblue-2015-11-05-cloudspell.xrns

tnx dblue it all makes sense now, plus I added a groove to it which feels like It is a real funky piano