Sunday Jam

Some sunday jazz for you:

https://soundcloud.com/thebellows/sunday-jam

Another nice one! This isn’t my favorite style of music but, like the other track, really tight in terms of sounds (and, again, a lot going on at once). . . this will be a weird (and possibly completely incorrect comparison) but reminds me a bit of Prefuse 73. Kudos M8!

nice aocustic drums. What you using for those? They Sound nice and organic (although pretty all over the place, but I guess that’s the style).

The bassline could be a bit more rythmic maybe? I guess it’s just me not getting the jazzy vibe…

Like the contrast between the jazzy sounds and the experimental fx. The rhodes is nice too

nice aocustic drums. What you using for those? They Sound nice and organic (although pretty all over the place, but I guess that’s the style).

The bassline could be a bit more rythmic maybe? I guess it’s just me not getting the jazzy vibe…

Like the contrast between the jazzy sounds and the experimental fx. The rhodes is nice too

Haha, i spent about 5 minutes to add all the notes and i didn’t even have jazz in mind when i started. It sounds a bit like a bad band just fiddling with their instruments, except from the drummers that is simply just one loop from a sample i got from a dead dog compo a couple of years back. I wasn’t really serious about it, i just wanted to try to get it to sound like a weird and wonky live performance thingy.

So you’re definately right that the bass, or the whole piece except drums, which is me randomly punching in notes on the keyboard(didn’t even bother to hook up my midi kb) and adding humanization, could have been a few miles better. :lol:

It’s not really my style at all, just a fun little experiment, think i’ll stick to my regular weird techno. And also, this was a Sunday jam and it’s Monday today so it’s not relevant anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the comments guys. :slight_smile:

One day you got to put your whole everything into a track. That would be mindblowing.