Modulation operator envelope display/preview

See screenshot for description .

Or this is a gui bug ( overlayed envelope) ,

I think you are overthinking it. Appending an ADSR does add a release stage that did not exist before. This just allows the fade time to continue past a note off. If you add a 0 to every update of the fade time you are just letting the fader values continue unchanged (3 second long logarithmic curve, in your example).

1*current fade value+0 causes the modulation to be determined strictly by the values set with the fader. But you know that.

There are no time markings written on the modulation graphic. But, i guess the ‘release stage’ marking is just arbitrarily chucked in there at 5 seconds because… well, who knows when a release stage will start? So, yup, this arrangement is not always going to result in a terribly accurate representation of time. Your values have faded to 0 by 3 seconds but release time isn’t represented on the graphic until 5 seconds. It seems to me the math works right, but the graphic is a bit quirky? There is probably a better way, but I don’t know what. I think it isn’t a programming bug in the graphic so much as maybe just was hard to figure out a good way to represent the time axis.

What do you think?

That the graphics aren’t accurately displaying the envelope’s .release .

anyway it doesn’t really matter