How to write notes comming out from midi vsti plugin into pattern?

Hello,

is there any way how to record (write into pattern) notes that are send from one instrument (VSTi midi effect) to another (synth)?

It would be great!
ou would be able to change some things in realtime and kept generated sequence (something like Danoise xstream).
Or you can copy generated sequence across instruments (good because you cant route one midi plugin into more instruments).

Ive bought new Computer Music. Great magware for Renoise (piano roll phrase arpegiator)!
But i miss mentioned function a lot. I need to monitor incoming notes at least :slight_smile:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Nora-VST-CM-Arpeggiator-free-on-new-issue-Computer-Music-225-m3328016.aspx

is there any way how to record (write into pattern) notes that are send from one instrument (VSTi midi effect) to another (synth)?

You can route the output into a virtual MIDI output (on Windows, LoopBE1, Loopmidi are a couple of options - not sure how it’s done on OSX but I think it’s possible using the built-in Audio/MIDI settings…)
After this, it’s simply a question of assigning the input of the virtual port to a different instrument.

You can route the output into a virtual MIDI output (on Windows, LoopBE1, Loopmidi are a couple of options - not sure how it’s done on OSX but I think it’s possible using the built-in Audio/MIDI settings…)
After this, it’s simply a question of assigning the input of the virtual port to a different instrument.

Thank you! It will be enough :slight_smile:

But then rendering won’t work anymore.