Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 13:25

Hello,

I read in the README.TXT supplied with the Renoise 3.1b6 installer

in the section Changes from Renoise 3.0 to Renoise 3.1

+ Delay and Multi-tap device will cross-fade delay time changes now, which means
they no longer create "zipper noises" when automating/changing delay times

and I like it like this, but I also read a forum post where it said it was returned to the old way with zipper noises.

can't there be a choice/option for it?

can the README.TXT be updated to list this?

#2 Guest_ffx_*

Guest_ffx_*

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3521 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 14:03

Yep the recent version has the old delay version inside, that one that pitches the sound while delay value changes ("zipper noises").

The new version was meant to create no sound modification at all, but did that only on immediate changes a.k.a. Automation points. So they need to improve it for heavy value changes, like automation curves.

I've seen some fx that cando this: waves doubler, psypan (I think any "binaural"/haasi panner?), some reverbs on predelay change....

If there was some crossfade between current and sum of last value crossfading pre-last value crossfading pre-pre-last value....., in a temporary recursive way, maybe it could work? If then the crossfade time was long enough, this wouldn't be too much recursion.

Or if there was already a crossfade going on and if in that time a new value change appeared, the next crossfade could be delayed until the last crossfade is finished. In that time, the new value may again have changed.