• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 sounderizer

sounderizer

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 18:42

First of all, thank you for your great work on Renoise!

OS X 10.11.1 on mid-2012 Macbook Pro.

I've been working on a project in 3.1b5 (32 bit):  AU synths (one DrumSpillage and a lot of u-he instances), mostly native effect devices but a few plugins. Works fine.

In 3.1b6 (32 bit):

1) Launch Renoise

2) Choose my project off "Recently Saved" menu

3) After loading time and then "Successfully loaded" message, entire interface (pattern matrix, main area, instrument list, etc.) remains blank.

4) Press spacebar and the music plays.

5) Try other keys and I successfully navigate and edit the song--but I'm doing so "blind" with a blank interface. No part of the interface shows the results of interaction, not even the strip at top.

6) Click [X] to quit. The interface suddenly populates and updates to the present state of the song.

7) Click "Cancel" to go back into song. Now it's frozen again, but dating to the moment I clicked [X].

#2 taktik

taktik

Renoise Developer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 10 December 2015 - 19:29

Hello. Does that happen with all songs or only this one? If it's happening with this song only, could you please share it with us?

Does not seem to be a "general" problem, not happening for everyone, so let's try to find out a few more details:

Do things work when loading it in other ways, when not using the "Recently Saved" menu?
Is Renoise running fullscreen? Does it work when not?
Is the 64bit version working fine?

#3 sounderizer

sounderizer

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 22:18

Hello. Does that happen with all songs or only this one? If it's happening with this song only, could you please share it with us?

Does not seem to be a "general" problem, not happening for everyone, so let's try to find out a few more details:

Do things work when loading it in other ways, when not using the "Recently Saved" menu?
Is Renoise running fullscreen? Does it work when not?
Is the 64bit version working fine?

Well played! When I don't run it fullscreen the problem does not occur.

Once I had it up and running non-fullscreen (with the song loaded and playing), I tried switching to fullscreen and Renoise just crashed and quit.

Going the other way--fullscreen (with song loaded) to non-fullscreen--it updates the view but then stays frozen.

I'm going to try 64-bit now...

#4 sounderizer

sounderizer

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 22:47

Well played! When I don't run it fullscreen the problem does not occur.

Once I had it up and running non-fullscreen (with the song loaded and playing), I tried switching to fullscreen and Renoise just crashed and quit.

Going the other way--fullscreen (with song loaded) to non-fullscreen--it updates the view but then stays frozen.

I'm going to try 64-bit now...

64 bit is fine, problem is 32 bit only. Thanks!

#5 taktik

taktik

Renoise Developer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:20

Thanks for the quick reply and details. Will test this on an El Capitan installation and fix that.

#6 JouluPam

JouluPam

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Music & games

Posted 11 December 2015 - 23:18

Hello.

I have the same problem on OS X Yosemite. The apple "native" fullscreen works, but when I try to click fullscreen in Renoise's menus the same exact things that sounderizer described happen to me. I have yet to try the 64bit version.

I have been using the OS X fullscreen functionality for now, but it's a bit problematic: Sometimes menus continue a bit under the visible area of the screen.

Thanks for making the best software ever.

#7 RANSOM

RANSOM

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 16:38

Yes, fullscreen on Mavericks.