Automatically move/delete "Note-Offs" when deleting Note-Ons

“Note-Off” not erased with copy and paste

Renoise 3.1RC2, W7 64bit

I do not know if is an inconsistent behavior or something to fix for future version final of Renoise 3.1…

The “Note-Off” is associated with a “Note”. Renoise delete the Note-Off already placedif you insert the Note-Off into another cell associated forever for a Note, using Caps Lock or A-key (but do not using copy & paste).Such that a Note always corresponds one Note-Off.

The problem is with Copy & Paste:

Steps (a example):

1. In Pattern Editor or Phrases, write a “Note” in cell five, column one.
  2. Write a “Note-Off” in cell seven, column one (Caps Lock or A-key).
  3. Select cells five, six and seven
  4. Copy and paste the three cells with the cursor in cell four (above one cell of the selection).

What happens:

• The Note-Off in cell seven is not deleted.
  • The consequence: Renoise allows two or more Note-Off for a Note.
  • If you repeat the steps to infinity, you can create an entire column filled with Note-Off using copy & paste (including previously selecting only the Note-Off for copy & paste).

Renoise should not erase the Note-Off leftover also using the copy & paste?Can it be corrected?

Congratulations for RC2!!!

Regards

Reported that too, years ago… The answer was "it’s not a bug, it’s a feature ".

Still no clue, why that inconsistency exists… I think renoise even doesn’t fire the second note off to a vsti.

https://www.renoise.com/tools/clear-junk-data

Hi ffx and Djeroek

This item was moved today by a moderator. Before was in the subforum: “Renoise 3.1 Beta - Help, Support & Bugs”.I consider it a mistake or something inconsistent, incongruous, should be corrected.

For me this issue is pointless.It is not a feature, but rather a failure.It is something that should not exist.

Using copy and paste, you can create many Note-Offs trash, are useless.It makes no sense.If it’s a feature, not useful.

I understand that a note can only cut one turn, not two turn or three.If not in this manner, someone explain to me, please.

6466 note-off-copy&paste.png

Is this a feature?

Maybe, if the note-off layer or midi event is “misused” for other stuff than a note-off? But then, why the other is deleted if manually added as singleton? Still no clue… Taktik will know.

Maybe, if the note-off layer or midi event is “misused” for other stuff than a note-off? But then, why the other is deleted if manually added as singleton? Still no clue… Taktik will know.

Therefore it is not consistent! “Caps Lock” or “A-key” … and “Copy&Paste” should not work the same way?One cleared and the other not?What is the utility of this?

Maybe the internal code of Copy&Paste allowing automatic deletion is more complicated. With A-key or Cap Lockjust change one cell. With Copy&Pasteyou can paste many cells with data.But it was not an excuse.

But I think that Renoise should prevent enter or preserve values that do not serve.Renoise must correct the user, not the user to Renoise.