Renoise 3.1 has arrived

This community has hammered the beta version of Renoise 3.1 for a couple of months, developers have been squashing bugs and doing some feature-finetuning along the way.

A big thank-you to everyone who have participated in this beta!

What’s new?
In case you missed it the first time around, new features in 3.1 include:

• Support for VST and AU MIDI generators : This means that you can use specialized tools such as harmonizers, note matrices or arpeggiators - things that can “drive” other instruments in Renoise.
  • Improvements to the sound engine : Completely new, rewritten filter section as well as optional oversampling and bandlimiting on sample playback. Various improvements to Renoise’s native DSP devices.
  • More love for Phrases : Phrases have become a lot more powerful and streamlined too - when working within the phrase editor, you could describe it as “feeling more like the pattern editor”. And when working in the pattern editor, you have more options for controlling phrases.
  • Presets everywhere. And now, libraries too : Renoise 3.1 includes a more powerful preset system. You can now store/recall samples and keyzones as presets too, and the whole preset browsing experience has been improved.

… and much more. A detailed description of what’s new can be found on theRenoise 3.1 launch page.

Now we’ve reached the point where it’sready for prime time.

As always, the final build is available on our backstage server for registered users - but also, if you are looking to try out Renoise and haven’t got a license, there is nowa demo build of 3.1 available at our download page.
Note also that the “ideas + suggestions” forum for 3.1 has been merged into the main forum. So, if are looking for a topic in that location, it has simply moved - no topics have been deleted.

If you are a tool author, be sure to check the list ofAPI changes. The biggest change is that phrases triggered in program mode can exist without a phrase mapping.

Enjoy this release and make some great music!

Thanks for an awesome release!

Is there a complete changelog somewhere?

Thanks for an awesome release!

Is there a complete changelog somewhere?

Yes - the release notes are quite exhaustive - and have been updated during the beta test to reflect added features.

Of the top my head … I think of plugin MIDI routing, and the pimped MIDI file import as two major features that got added after beta testing started.

Perhaps time to grab a beer / cranberry juice / whatever and study it closer? I know that some of this stuff, I haven’t even used more than once myself :slight_smile:

Congrats !!!

did my song made it to the demosongs? :smiley:

thank you guys, its time to play!

already phenomenal in beta, and downloading this now! perfect timing for sound design deadlines looming! Hats off to the Renoise team—this is something really special. I drifted away from Renoise due to accordion aversion, but i’ve been working solely in my favorite DAW—and the CDP tool just makes this AMAZING!

BIG ups to everyone at Renoise, as well as afta8 and djerok for the CDP frontend. I may just sell my Max 7 license…

Excellent! Thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into this release. I love this DAW! … er, Tracker! … um, hybrid music making thingy! :smiley:

Cheers and congratulations!

cool. :smiley: playtime approacheth.

Thanks devs, especially for supporting linux. :slight_smile:

YOU GUYS ROCK!!! :yeah:

catguitar.jpg

Wow. I am very surprised about this and looking forward to the new additions (especially the DSP). I didn’t participate in the beta, so this will be brand new for me.

Do I have to uninstall 3.0, or should I make a new 3.1 folder for installation? Or just install it into the same folder as 3.0? I don’t know what to do!

Thank you

Do I have to uninstall 3.0, or should I make a new 3.1 folder for installation? Or just install it into the same folder as 3.0? I don’t know what to do!

It automatically installs into its own folder. No need to do anything.

Looking forward to checking out the new filters! :slight_smile:

The 3.1 Launch page still refers to ‘Renoise 3.1 Beta testing starts’ at the bottom :wink:

Cheers guys, really good work!

This really brings the light into these dark times (in northern hemisphere). Can now stay indoors out of freezing cold and dark making some fat beats with new means, big thanks to busy team of Renoise developers!

The 3.1 Launch page still refers to ‘Renoise 3.1 Beta testing starts’ at the bottom :wink:

Fixed - thanks!

hehe, nice!

Still using 2.8 as 3.0 was nothing in for me.

But 3.1 sounds tasty.

… some tracks now sound really better!

others of my old now need to be re-adapted.

noice one! ;D