How does Redux handle Beat Slicing? (plus general questions)

HI

I was wondering if Redux does beat slicing so you can trigger it from a midi clip or arpeggiator in your DAW.

And if so, is there a tutorial for using Redux to beatslice somewhere?

I am aware Redux does a lot, I’m just not 100% clear on how it works, or if I knew at one time, I forgot what it is really.

Is Redux a kind of mini sampler-sequencer for running in your DAW? I get lost when I start thinking about one plugin that loads sample or loops in it, and has a sequencer with its own embedded meta-sequencer (phrases) So it’s like Xzibit came up with this. I mean it is like your DAW’s swiss army knife that in turn also has its own swiss army knife.

Here’s a detailed guide I’ve written:

http://vorpalsound.com/vs/renoise-redux-breaks/

Here’s a detailed guide I’ve written:

http://vorpalsound.com/vs/renoise-redux-breaks/

This info is gold along with your other tutorials on your site. As a way of saying thank you I bought your track “gathering” off your band camp page :slight_smile:

This info is gold along with your other tutorials on your site. As a way of saying thank you I bought your track “gathering” off your band camp page :slight_smile:

Thanks, this made my day for sure! Hope you like the track as well :smiley:

Thanks, this made my day for sure! Hope you like the track as well :smiley:

Glad that I made your day :slight_smile: and really like your track too. I have been using Renoise since 2.8 and Redux since release day but not extensively as I find composing in a tracker quite a challenge, but some of the stuff you can do especially with phrases and sample commands is amazing. Think I will fire up Bitwig with Redux and work on some Drum and Bass :wink:

Hi emre-k thanx for your tutorial (I’m going to start with it now) but I have a quick question for you:

Is it possible to extract midi from an audio drum loop after I have manually sliced it? It would be awesome because for the moment I’m not able to manage phares (I must learn it…

I know…) :wink:

Many thanx again!!