Linux: 64-bit woes/questions

I’ve always run 32-bit everything (linux), but just installed 64-bit ubuntu + 64-bit renoise on a laptop.

1. is it correct that my 32-bit plugins won’t run in 64 bit? https://www.renoise.com/download hint’s at this, but it’s not clear to me…

2. I then wanted to switch back to 32-bit renoise. ran the uninstaller, which reported SUCCEEDED + some errors. Now 32-bit renoise won’t run, I get /usr/local/bin/renoise: No such file or directory, although the symlink in /usr/local/bin/renoise seems to be fine. What to do?

As far as the first question goes, you should be able to run 32 bit plugins in 64 bit renoise.

The second, I’m not sure it sounds strange that it says it doesn’t exist if you have verified that it does. Maybe uninstall it, manually check all symlinks and files have been removed and reinstall.

I don’t get it:

atte@vestbjerg:~$ renoise-3.1.0
bash: /usr/local/bin/renoise-3.1.0: No such file or directory
atte@vestbjerg:~$ file /usr/local/bin/renoise-3.1.0
/usr/local/bin/renoise-3.1.0: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=9ecb894411855b3557d9f1ccd6c155ecec471e3b, stripped

atte@vestbjerg:~/software/shared/renoise/rns_3_1_0_linux_x86$ sudo ./uninstall.sh
Removing the executable…
Removing the man file…
Unregistering MIME types
Removing icons…
Removing desktop/menu shortcuts…
Removing shared resources…
** Uninstallation of Renoise3.1.0 SUCCEEDED **
ls: cannot access /usr/local/share/renoise*: No such file or directory
** Relinking …
./install.sh: 112: ./install.sh: /install.sh: not found

atte@vestbjerg:~/software/shared/renoise/rns_3_1_0_linux_x86$ cd /usr/
atte@vestbjerg:/usr$ find | grep renoise
atte@vestbjerg:/usr$

atte@vestbjerg:~/software/shared/renoise/rns_3_1_0_linux_x86$ sudo ./install.sh [sudo] password for atte:
Fixing file permissions…
Installing shared resources…
Installing the executable…
Linking the executable…
Installing the man file…
Registering MIME types…
Installing icons…
Installing desktop-menu shortcuts…
Checking audio configuration…
PAM seems to be installed and configured for audio applications.
If you nevertheless have problems with ALSA or Jack (such as crackles or too high latencies) take a look at ‘http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Linux_FAQ#Realtime_Threads’ for help please…

Installation of Renoise 3.1.0 SUCCEEDED.
atte@vestbjerg:~/software/shared/renoise/rns_3_1_0_linux_x86$ renoise
bash: ./renoise: No such file or directory
atte@vestbjerg:~/software/shared/renoise/rns_3_1_0_linux_x86$ ./renoise
bash: ./renoise: No such file or directory

What happens if you:

cd /usr/local/bin
./renoise-3.1.0

Maybe give the output of:

ls -la /usr/local/bin | grep -i renoise

Also, just for good measure:

echo $PATH

I wonder if it is a permissions issue or a PATH issue.

maybe reinstall 32-bit renoise? i would figure that uninstall of 64bit Renoise will remove…

EDIT: sorry, stupid question/tip, i haven’t seen that you actually installed the 32-bit. how can I delete my post?