- Programming beats that I have a fair understanding of into the pattern editor - hip hop, pop, rock, disco, reggae, and mixing and matching these type of beats to come up with unique rhythms
- Programming certain types of synth parts - chord and arpeggio based into the pattern editor.
- Sampling my sound design/rendering my vst to renoise instruments. (I am not adding this as a program feature) There are certain things I am doing here - layering drums, layering base, making sure certain synth parts that may have many modulation parameters are played back in the way in which I intend
- Song arrangement. I absolutely love the arranger of the program. (also a program feature, but not me trying to cheat the topic) You can get good at using the feature. I think it is brilliant and it works for me very well.
- Programming beats I do not understand. I would love to be a, "break maestro," of which I am not. When I listen to some of you who are making bad ass breaks, I am just floored. Like, "wow!" Also, I wish I was a little better, or even, "good at all," at techno, jungle, d n b.
- doofers, meta devices, fx chains, saving renoise instruments and building libraries of things to use again in other tracks.
- pattern fx commands. I am used to delay, velocity, and pan. but the sample fx commands still a little tricky
- haven't actually used phrases yet.
- still a little weak with audio and midi routing
- automation - a lot of the movement in my tracks doesn't come from automation. I'm all about the synth's mod matrix
This by the way is a really great topic
Cheers to you all