New Meta Device: Pitch follower

Meta Instrument: Pitch Follower

Detects Audio Pitch and becomes modulation source… Octave shift and smoothness can be applied as well

Here’s the rest of my suggestions:

FM -> Samples

Improve Native Auto Chop

Macro/Doofer Buttons- recall parameter values in vsts and vsti’s

Loop Point Modulation/Commands- Start point too

Transpose Keybaord Function- Not just Octaves…

Warp Markers? Real-time time-stretching?

Option to lock instruments to auto-assigned tracks

I’ve made a similar request long ago;https://forum.renoise.com/t/pitch-tracking-device-frequency-demodulation/27196

Back then one of the alpha testers responded;

I have suggested this during the alpha stage of 2.5, but the idea was not accepted because the precision of the result would not be satisfactory

Wouldn’t mind seeing such thing though even if less precise :drummer:

The thing is that there are A Lot Of Frequencies, and usually a whole bunch are going to be playing at once (unless it’s a sine wave) so it’d be really difficult to detect a single pitch

Programmes such as Melodyne, Tune Lite, etc. are able to accurately (most of the time, at least) detect the pitch of input audio, but the analysis involved requires a lot of processing power, and thus is performed offline. Live pitch detection is available in some synths to allow playing them using incoming audio signal from another instrument, but every single one of them I tested was crap - either there was a long delay, or lack of accuracy, or both. None detected the pitch in any semi-fast passages fast enough, so all in all, it was pretty terrible. Perhaps implementing this feature in a satisfactory way just isn’t possible…

NI Reaktor has one built in core and It’s satisfying to me. Some signals need a LP filter before Pitch Detection though. Things get interesting when I shift the octave down or detune it as well…

A frequency divider would be cool too…

Don’t expect rns devs to even try this. It is rocket science just like quality timestretch/pitchshift.

You could try to find some other (offline) tool for the audio tracks in question, and also try to find a way to extract pitch data and import via a lua tool into renoise.

i would prefer a lua audio dsp just like protoplug, so u can program ur own audio pitch follower 2 meta value converter…

Don’t expect rns devs to even try this. It is rocket science just like quality timestretch/pitchshift.

You could try to find some other (offline) tool for the audio tracks in question, and also try to find a way to extract pitch data and import via a lua tool into renoise.

Then how about using wav files to modulate?