Auto Assign MIDI Concept

Would be especially useful on Doofers.

The concept is this:

like Ableton’s MIDI script feature, the selected device is automatically assigned to the associated MIDI controller and can be recorded.

Great idea, mate!

Thanks 30rythms! Hope the designers think so too :walkman:

Renoise’s roadmap very strange for me so i don’t think so :slight_smile: ha-ha )))

The concept is this:

like Ableton’s MIDI script feature, the selected device is automatically assigned to the associated MIDI controller and can be recorded.

Well, that would be consistent with the Renoise script feature then, because this is possible in a number of ways

What controller are you using? If supported by Duplex, you can run the Effect application and get automapping for all device parameters.

If not supported, I could quickly roll something together with my latest tool, xRules. It’s a little more back-to-basics and support high-resolution recording as well. You just need to say which CC you are planning to use. I guess we could discuss which parameters would be good “defaults” (I would probably aim for the first parameter among the ones that are visible when you view the device through the Renoise mixer).

I have 2 korg nanos but they been acting choppy since I upgraded my PC to 64 bit

Hey, this is now possible

I could quickly roll something together with my latest tool, xRules. It’s a little more back-to-basics and support high-resolution recording as well. You just need to say which CC you are planning to use.

You didn’t tell me what parameters to use so I made an example using the mod-wheel (CC#1) as the basis.

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-1-xrules/45670

The idea is that you select a device and then, you’re ready to tweak and automate it.

The selected parameter is established by looking at the first visible parameter in the mixer. Or, if you prefer to choose between various parameters, open the automation editor and select parameter from there (this will only work while the automation lane is visible)