X2 serie of dubtechno tracks

Hi guys, here is one master of a track from the serie X inertial. Which is a serie dubtechno tracks of me. It has some rusty piano, organ stabs etc. Totally different from what I normally do (industrial techno).

https://soundcloud.com/ram-i-o/02-ram-io-x2-the-x-inertial-2016-dub-series-master

All made with renoise ofcourse.

Curious what you guys think about it.

Not my genre at all, but I’ll try to comment. The bass/kick sounds good; soft, warm and deep. The percussion, on the other hand, could do with some signal processing to make it weirder. As for the stabs and chords, all I can say is they sound right for the genre. The real question is one I cannot answer, but maybe you can think for yourself: is this something that imitates a genre, or is it something that challenges it? What is your goal?

(Personally, I just make music for fun, but a lot of people here are more ambitious, hence my big questions)

Thanks for reply.

You pointed me to a nice question.

is this something that imitates a genre, or is it something that challenges it? What is your goal?

Within my usual style (industrial techno) I try to challenge it indeed. I think by this, it’s the same as you do. More the fun factor and exploration of the genre.

Because it’s a new genre for producing for me (listening not), I’m still searching for improvements. Beside that I always do that.

And your input on more signal processing is great. Gonna play around with that.

I Like your song btw!

Thanks!