Interpolate Not Working?

Hi all–

I’m going through the manual and I’m at the interpolation section. I am trying to use the right Advanced Edit bar to interpolate volume from 00 to 80 in the volume column.

I start off at the top of the track with 00, then on the last note I have entered 80. The settings I am using in the Advanced Edit bar are “Track in Pattern,” then under Content Mask I have only selected Volume. I select the area from the 00 note to the 80 note, and then I hit one of the interpolate functions – LIN, LOG, or EXP. Nothing happens whatsoever.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Quote: The settings I am using in the Advanced Edit bar are “Track in Pattern,”

Try setting this to “Selection in Pattern” catsoup, see if that helps :slight_smile:

The selected range is the way to go, unless you want to use the whole track ie the start and end values are on the first and last line. I guess the last note for you is not on the last line.

I find the keyboard shortcuts much easier for interpolating pattern stuff. They only work with a selection though afaik.

Interpolate Linear Control + I Interpolate Logarithmic Control + L

It has to be on the first and last line of your selection. If you for instance have a note every 4th line in a 32 line pattern, then you have to select line 0 to line 28.

I find the keyboard shortcuts much easier for interpolating pattern stuff

I agree. First, some keys to establish the selection and then CMD/CTRL + I / L to interpolate values.

These shortcuts always work on the selection scope - so, the selected scope in Advanced Editor doesn’t apply. The content mask, however, does.

Thanks everyone! It works now :slight_smile: