Can I use Redux as a VST effect?

Can I use Redux as a VST insert in order to process audio coming from another instrument in a DAW solely for the sake of its DSP effects?

No, but you should be able to route audio from your DAW into Redux via the sidechain/aux input, and then use a Line Input device in your Redux DSP chain to process the incoming audio.

No, but you should be able to route audio from your DAW into Redux via the sidechain/aux input, and then use a Line Input device in your Redux DSP chain to process the incoming audio.

Perfect!

In FL Studio 12 you can load Redux as an FX. Add a #Line input and you’ll be able to use Redux’s effects. I tried this with the demo and it worked.

(…and now I can’t wait to get the full version! I just LOVE Renoise’s effects, but I’m a bit less clumsy with FL Studio’s workflow… plus, Redux seems like a more complete and less CPU-consuming alternative to DirectWave… )

Does anyone use REAPER with Redux? I’m having a problem using redux as an effect because audio seems to pass through Redux. I can add a #Line input and use effects but they are only 50% of the sound, a dry signal always seems to pass through the effect…?

Seems no one answered…tried this today and getting same issue you reported in reaper. I’m also using reaper…any luck form anyone. This would be a killer feature

It is because Redux just take the input on the track where you add it to and add the effect to it while the input signal isn’t muted so it will also play side by side with Redux. So by just adding Redux to the same track it is impossible to get a more than 50% wet signal. The only way to come around this in Reaper that I am aware of is to put Redux on it’s own track, pre-fade route the sound to track 3/4 to the Redux track and mute 3/4 for the master on the Redux track (and then you can turn down the fader on the original to zero to get 100% wet), you have an example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atCnoFGu1mI

I really love the Renoise effects and I would really love to see Renoise/Redux be implemented as a VST effect as well (similar how Serum is doing it). It would make this so much easier.

Edit: Here you can find some other solutions as well The Renoise Effect Plugin (Redux FX) - #4 by twilek

1 Like

@twilek thanks for this :slight_smile:

1 Like