Ports for each track in Jack

Having a setting that enables renoise to create a seperate output port for each track (much like ardour does) would be really useful for routing as you could easily record all your tracks into seperate channels onto another DAW (such as ardour) in one go, or record only the ones you want while playing the rest.

Hopefully the picture attached should give a good idea of what I mean, you can see that ardour has many audio outputs (one for each track or 2 if its a stereo) but renoise only has 2 (overall stereo output).

It can do this pretty much already:

6775 snapshot1.png

I don’t think that does what I mean, I mean an an output for each track in renoise. Hopefully this picture explains what I’m getting at.

Goto the Mix tab.

Then the lowest button to the far right of it. Theres “PAN”, some Mixers, “VOL”, an Icon and a Button with “·->” on it - make sure it is activated. You should see a dropbox below every track, it is the lowest item in each, most tracks having “Master” in there, and the Master usually has “Output 01 Lef…” in it.

On each track click it and select an output. The track will be routed directly to that output in jack!

Tedious to set up, but maybe some lua scripting can speed up your common usecase to a one-clicker and even connect your jack ports at the same time.

For inputs you can use the line-in device. it will insert a jack port pair that you can choose into any fx chain!

Just make sure you have enough jack ports confed for renoise in the settings.

Goto the Mix tab.

Then the lowest button to the far right of it. Theres “PAN”, some Mixers, “VOL”, an Icon and a Button with “·->” on it - make sure it is activated. You should see a dropbox below every track, it is the lowest item in each, most tracks having “Master” in there, and the Master usually has “Output 01 Lef…” in it.

On each track click it and select an output. The track will be routed directly to that output in jack!

Tedious to set up, but maybe some lua scripting can speed up your common usecase to a one-clicker and even connect your jack ports at the same time.

For inputs you can use the line-in device. it will insert a jack port pair that you can choose into any fx chain!

Just make sure you have enough jack ports confed for renoise in the settings.

Thanks, I’m glad this is already a feature.