Is there a way to change the selected_track_parameter?

I’ve been through and through and API, but I can’t find a way to change the selected_track_parameter.

This is probably a long-shot, but is there any way to change it?

Thanks in advance!

Not 100% sure what you mean since I can’t find anything named “selected_track_parameter”. Do you mean “selected_track” or “selected_track_index”?

renoise.song().selected_track is the same as renoise.song():track(renoise.song().selected_track_index)

If you want to change the selected track you can simply do renoise.song().selected_track_index = 5

Ah, that may be an outdated API thing. From Renoise.Song.API.lua:

-- Selected in the automation editor view. Can be nil.
renoise.song().selected_track_parameter, _observable
 -> [read-only, renoise.DeviceParameter object or nil]
renoise.song().selected_track_parameter_index
 -> [read-only, number or 0 (when no parameter is selected)]

-- DEPRECATED - alias for new 'selected_track_parameter' property
renoise.song().selected_parameter, _observable
 -> [read-only, renoise.DeviceParameter object or nil]
renoise.song().selected_parameter_index
 -> [read-only, number or 0 (when no parameter is selected)]

I’m really referring to ‘selected_parameter’, but I wanted to stay current (even though ‘selected_track_parameter’ currently errors out, ha!)

(edit: i.e. the parameter selected in the Automation pane)

I want to make sure there isn’t some hoodoo I can use to set it before I give up on this particular line of inquiry.

As of the latest Renoise 3.1 and API version 5, the property is read/write (i.e. no longer read-only) and simply named: renoise.song().selected_automation_parameter

You can set it like so:

renoise.song().selected_automation_parameter = renoise.song():track(1):device(1):parameter(1)

As of the latest Renoise 3.1 and API version 5, the property is read/write (i.e. no longer read-only) and simply named: renoise.song().selected_automation_parameter

You can set it like so:

renoise.song().selected_automation_parameter = renoise.song():track(1):device(1):parameter(1)

Oh wow, that is so great!

Thanks, dblue!

Is there documentation for this anywhere yet? (If not, no worries, I TOTALLY understand) I am working from the current official Github repo

Is there documentation for this anywhere yet?

Take a look at Renoise.Song.API.lua in your Renoise 3.1 folder under /Resources/Scripts/Documentation/

I just checked on GitHub and it looks like the documentation there is out of date. Ooops! I’ll poke @danoise to get that updated :slight_smile:

Most excellent

</me realizes there’re probably tons of other goodies he’s totally unaware of>

Just FYI, the website is currently funneling new API users like myself to the GitHub repo, which might be creating a lot of confusion.