I have experienced visual problems with Matrix Editor with the zoom to maximum (height x width).
I explain what happens. Steps (R3.1 w10x64):
- Create a song with various patterns. I use 96 lines per pattern.
- Include some notes on the last line of each pattern also.
- Expand the Matrix Editor and enlarge the zoom horizontal and vertical to maximum.
- Play and Follow the notes visually in the Matrix Editor (Each note is represented by a dash or line. The note-OFFs not appear).
- What happens: notes placed on the last line in each pattern, do not appear in Matrix Editor.
- Do I have something improperly configured in Renoise?
I guess the situation worsens if 512 lines are used per pattern...
Matrix Editor can be used to detect errors in composition with notes. I think the problem is the vertical zoom, which is very small.
If it is because the vertical zoom, I wonder if the vertical zoom could be expanded to double, at least. That the max. zoom have a ratio of 2x4 and not 1x4 as is currently in v3.1 (even a proportion of 4x4 = 1x1).
I also wonder if it would be possible collapse groups in the matrix editor.