UPDATE: This double tool has no further development. I have built a much better tool: GT16-Colors, directly related to these tools. Please, visit the following topic:
Tool GT16-Colors: http://forum.renoise...31-gt16-colors/
GT16-Color is much better!!! Enjoy!
Tool: Insert Groups & Tracks per Colors (Updated to V2.0 "floating windows")
Introducing "Insert Groups & Tracks per Colors"
Insert and order new Groups & Tracks with 16 Colors to select in Pattern Editor. Create your distribution of Groups & Tracks according to colors before or during its musical composition. The colors have been specially selected to combine well. In essence, it is another way take advantage different colors.
- Download and install the tool.
- Select Pattern Editor, and after, select a track (or group if this exist).
- With mouse, select the New Menu: "Insert Groups & Tracks per Colors \ ..."
- Insert your selection.
- The insertion is always in right of the track or group selected.
- Erase Tracks left over (Renoise starts with 8 Tracks).
- Speed and same color: Specially designed to assemble multiple Tracks & Groups of the same color quickly.
- Stepwise construction: Specially designed to create small or large groups of tracks of the same color.
- 16 Colors: Aqua, Black, Blue, Brown, Gold, Gray, Green, Orange, Pale Pink, Pink, Pistachio, Red, Sky Blue, Violet, White & Yellow.
- Multiple options: In Total, this menu or window include: 560 options of individual colors (35 per color), and 26 options of combined colors.
- New hierarchy of Groups (3 levels): "Main Group", "Group", "SubGroup". The colors are more vivid... (Remember: Renoise allows 5 levels).
- New treatment of Tracks: Tracks sorted per pairs... Odd Track lighter color; Pair Track darker color. Use to add the same type of instruments.
- Combined Colors: Includes multiple color combinations of Tracks and Groups (menu "Insert Groups & Tracks per Colors \ ...Combined \ ...").
- Best visual classification: 3+2 levels of intensity of the colors to clearly differentiate the tracks of the groups.
- Options brute force: Include a some brute options, warned the tagline: ...Heavy!!! Please, use with moderation (You can include up to 180 tracks with one click, only PCs powerful).
- FX Columns: All Fx Columns are collapsed, except options of insert a individual "Main Group" or "Group".
- Note Columns: All Note Columns named "Note" are renamed: Note 01, Note 02, Note 03, Note 04, Note 05, Note 06, Note 07, Note 08, Note 09, Note 10, Note 11, Note 12.
- New Aux Track: Aux Track included, always collapsed.
- Safe: Neither option destroys, always adds.
- Main.lua archive: Script LUA customizable in some options. You need knowledge of language...
- Version: 1.0 "dropdown menu" (Tested in Renoise 3.1): ulneiz.GroupsTracksColors.v1.xrnx 26.99KB 86 downloads
- Versión: 2.0 "floating windows" (Tested in Renoise 3.1): Comment #11 NEW!
- You can use the GoldBlue-v1.2 Theme to accompany: http://forum.renoise...-v11-v12-theme/
If you want to see the look of the tool more widely, you can download the following ZIP package:
Screenshots of tool "Insert Groups & Tracks per Colors": ulneiz.GroupsTracksColors.Screenshots.zip 980.14KB 53 downloads
A reminder of some related keyboard commands in Pattern Editor
- Ctrl + D: duplicate track or group
- Ctrl + Shift + T: erase track selected
- Ctrl + Shift + G: erase group selected (and all tracks containing)
- Ctrl + Shift + K: collapse or expand track or group selected
- ... use the new menu with mouse for the rest. Build in moderation!
Edited by Raul (ulneiz), 28 July 2016 - 12:26.