Jump to content


[fixed] Timing problems with plugin MIDI routing

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chemeleon



  • Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 20:16

Running Renoise 3.1 x64. Plugins in Sandboxes. I haven't been able to test this as thoroughly as I'd like as I only have one plugin that sends MIDI signals, an arpeggiator, but here goes...


Switching from ASIO to Directsound, there's a noticeable delay in signals coming out of the arpeggiator, resulting in a swing effect and desynchronisation with the rest of the song. I assume this is because of the increase in latency with Directsound (it's around 150ms, with ASIO at 21ms)?


When I loop a region in the pattern sequencer, after the region has looped once, the signals coming out of some instances of the arpeggiator are bugged, leading to what I can only describe as a chiptune like effect (seems notes are being triggered much faster than they are supposed to be). Interestingly this doesn't happen when I loop the pattern using the transport or if the song reaches the end and loops back around, only when I set a region in the pattern sequencer.


Both these bugs I can reproduce 100% of the time. Unfortunately I can't attach an example as I'm using commercial plugins but I can upload a video if that'd help.




Please follow me on Soundcloud :)

#2 chemeleon



  • Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 20:25

Just tested again. The "notes triggering too quickly" bug actually occurs simply when I set a loop region in the pattern sequencer. It sometimes goes away if I clear the loop, or if I set a loop at a different region.


Also, once the bug is triggered, the bug can be saved with the song.

Please follow me on Soundcloud :)

#3 toimp


    Big Masta Member

  • Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany
  • Interests:Music, music, music ...

Posted 03 July 2016 - 22:26

Maybe its related to this issue:


#4 taktik


    Renoise Developer

  • Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Berlin, Germany
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 19 January 2017 - 14:35

Took a while, sorry, but I finally found the problem and fixed it for the next update. 

MIDI arps/plugins which are synced to the hosts's timeline (do not start/restart with the first note) could indeed run slightly out of sync, depending on a few things here and there (well, it did not happened always). 

  • codec, neopan and Woodpecking Mantis like this