New Tool (3.1): xCleaner

splash-big.png

This is the place for discussion, bug reports, and announcements regarding the xCleaner tool.

Download from the tools page and check out the documentation & source code on github

Hi,

nice tool as always :slight_smile:

I would like to suggest the following additional features:

Clean up track fx, too, not only inside instruments

Currently this tool seems to be for inside instruments only. Would love to see it for the whole song structure. Like remove disabled fx, that is not automated for on/off (btw. would love to have an automation indicator here, it’s missing!)

Deleting unused columns in all tracks of the complete song. Also on the left.

At least here I often have those empty columns left in a final song. Also columns at the beginning. E.g. if you use the “split into several tracks” tool, the result tracks often have empty columns on the very left. Or if you did double a track with note contents and did some fancy note splitting. Thanks to the lately feature “drag column”, you can quite easily fix an empty beginning column, by dragging the empty one the the very right and then lowering the number of columns. But IMO would nicely fit into this tool.

Delete unused instruments + delete empty instrument slots

Yes, it’s available in the context menu in the instrument list, but why not adding this to this tool, too? Is there this function available in the API?

Put all instruments to "auto suspend"

Remove unused send tracks

Thanks for considering!

Detect silence (with adjustable loudness threshold) at either end of sample.

How is this done? I cannot find an option for this in the tool. I have several instruments where each sample has silence before and after the actual sample, and I would like to remove this silence.

Just also to mention danoise… Line 992 of the file xCleanerUI.lua -> https://github.com/renoise/xrnx/blob/master/Tools/com.renoise.xCleaner.xrnx/source/xCleanerUI.lua#L992Might be better to go from this:

self._x.fix_issue(instr,tab_idx,data,item_idx,update_callback)

to:

self._x:fix_issue(instr,tab_idx,data,item_idx,update_callback)

@4Tey: thanks! Those sneaky colons are easily missed.

How is this done? I cannot find an option for this in the tool. I have several instruments where each sample has silence before and after the actual sample, and I would like to remove this silence.

Ah, good of you to point this out. The feature is disabled “under the hood”. Not sure why, but then there never was an option to adjust this threshold to begin with.

Let me just add that into the tool - perhaps even today. Want to quickly fix the error that 4Tey discovered…

Awesome! I don’t think I’d need a threshold setting. The silence in my samples is zero I think, so it should be fine.

So…here’s a version with leading/trailing silence detect and removal.

It defaults to -48 dB as the threshold, which is of course nowhere near “absolute silence”.

But often, samples have been processed somehow, and even a bit of dithering could make the silencedetection useless.

Check it out, see if it works for you?

Nice! A threshold of “-inf” (aka -200) seems to work well for me. I also just had a look at xLib for the first time. Wonderful work! I am tempted to just write a small script that automatizes cleaning and naming for my sampled stuff specifically.

I also just had a look at xLib for the first time. Wonderful work!

Thanks! This tool, however, is a mess :slight_smile:

This tool, however, is a mess :slight_smile:

Never mind danoise. Coding wise I didn’t get to the mess stage, so you are doing well even with a mess :slight_smile:

Is there a batch processing for everything in the song, and if not, could you add that? :slight_smile:

EDIT: Even cooler was, if Renoise’s multi-selection of instruments was reflected in the LUA API and your tool was supporting it… Yeah, daydreams…

Any possibility of adding peak normalization? Would be pretty nifty.

Been running into an issue where xCleaner analyzes a set of stereo samples (very obviously stereo, each channel radically different), finds trailing/leading silence, etc., but no stereo channel issues, then proceeds to toss out one of the stereo channels (I believe it is the Right channel) and spit out “cleaned” dual mono samples. What might be causing this? Has anyone else run into this? Completely destroys Pads and anything with a strong stereo image. This happens with everything I have been processing with it lately.

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
Renoise 3.2.1