Wolverine Theme - Arcade Power Mix

Hi folks a new track inspired by the Capcom Arcades / Marvel games - hope you enjoy !

https://youtu.be/DAGyxSdNkSQ

Very cool and authentic. I used to love Chris Huelsbeck music so this is cool to me.

Very nice!

Sounds good, but i think the mix sounds a bit muddier this time compared to your last one. It’s not that bad, but i think maybe the bass frequencies are mixed too wide or something?

I also notice the hihat is bugging me a bit in the left ear, it’s like all the focus goes to the hihat when i first start to notice it.

Uh, yey, this take me to visualizing being in front of an arcade machine somewhere in austria in the 80s as a child, scratching together my last schillings. Good job on this!

The “mid muddy” character only helps this impression. Dunno about stereo panning bass freqs or so, did those cabinets usually have stereo or mono speakers? The mix is indeed a bit mid pronounced and a bit dampened, but this only helps the retro impression massively, and probably is also a sign of samples stored and played back with low sampling rates due to retro chip and storage limitations? Yep, the hats stand out a bit, single element with strong higher frequency content, and then panned pretty hard left -> slight “tilted head impression” if you stumble over thinking about it while listening, maybe consider center or alternate panning, or adding some similar high freq “counterweight” to the right to center the impression a bit. But these are details, teh overall arcade power shining in this track already makes it a win! Insert coin…

Hey guys thanks for listening!

With regards to the mix, used ZERO EQ anywhere and tried to be as faithful as possible with the CPS2 Capcom samples which are ever so slightly dark - but I really appreciate the feedback folks!