Anyone use Redux in Renoise?

Anyone use Redux in Renoise?

If so, any advantages, or tricks that make it worthwhile?

I seem to remember coming across a video a while back that touched on a few things, but can’t find it again.

I don’t use redux at all, only tested the demo a bit when it came out.

Maybe what you had in mind, is I remember redux came out some time before renoise 3.1 was released, with lots of features new to renoise 3.1, so people could use the new filters etc. with renoise 3.0.1 via using redux.

Another one I remember talk about was the possibilty to use phrases in renoise to trigger phrases in redux. So sort of an extra phrase layer? Or rendering a pure renoise/redux instrument to a (cpu friendly) multisample with the instrument grabber in renoise.

I thought that Redux was just the built in instrument aspect of Renoise as a vst, therefore making Redux in Renoise redundant?

I rarely use it, but sometimes it can be useful if you have an instrument that uses too much cpu, then you can load it in Redux and plugin grab it in Renoise.

1 Like

Another one I remember talk about was the possibilty to use phrases in renoise to trigger phrases in redux. So sort of an extra phrase layer?

This may have been what I saw. Just tried it out and it’s actually kind of useful.

1 Like

it’s my main sampler inside LOGIC.

Im moving back to RENOISE though so I will not need it… Well, I will try to find a way to use it.

1 Like

sure for parallel chains, >>https://forum.renoise.com/t/whats-next-for-renoise/46714