Hi all -
I'm not new to Renoise, and am ancient in terms of tracking - but..
I've always used tracking purely for sample based tracks, and currently - Ableton and Push 2 for everything else.
I have a lot of hardware synths and have several setups, with and without computers as part of them.
I am looking to add Renoise as the main midi sequencer in a previous hardware only setup.
Some info on what I have and what I am trying to do :
- all synths and drum machines etc route audio to a mixing desk, so I don't need audio returns back in to Renoise
- I am using a single set of midi channels 1-16 out of Renoise, and back in
- There's about 8 synths I want to be able to send midi and receive midi for using Renoise
- I want to know which devices I need to be able setup midi CC/NRPN mappings for each synth
- Each synth will be on its own Renoise channel in a template, and I'd like each channel to have a midi mapping setup for the important midi parameters for each synth ( I don't mind diving midi implementation charts and setting stuff up, but being able to dump controllers to Renoise would be good)
- The synths I'm aiming to control in this little setup (in channel order from 1-16) are Yamaha RM1x(1-8), Novation Ultranova(9), MI Shruthi 4PM(10), MI Shruthi yellow magic(11), MI Shruthi mkII(12), Korg Volca Keys(13), Korg Volca Bass(14), Yamaha TX81Z(15), Roland System-1(16)
So - the goal is to have a Renoise template, with each channel containing a single midi channel, and a midi control device setup(cc mappings, patch changes etc).
I've only recently come back to Renoise and have an Ableton Push 2 and launchpad mini that I use in Ableton *a lot*. Is it possible to integrate these with Renoise at all? I usually do pretty much everything via the Push 2 on a larger synth setup, but it would be good if I could use the Push in Renoise, even if it is just for entering midi notes.
So - lots of questions, sorry! But I hope someone can help with at least bits of it