Render dialog needs a field for pasting a path

In Windows, neither the render dialog or the directory selector has a place to paste a path. Especially when I use Renoise for game SFX and render a lot of things, I spend way, way too much time in the render dialog, navigating to a path I already have in the clipboard.

Can’t you paste the path into the Folder field (after clicking Browse)?

Or into the field in the Destination section (under the Browse button)?

edit: I’ve tried both of those and pasting works fine. This is on Windows 7.

It would indeed be nice to have a text field for the render location that one could simply type/paste directly into, with a browse button for those who prefer to pick a folder that way. Best of both worlds!

The destination section doesn’t appear to accept paths (also, Windows 7). Somehow, I feel super dumb tho, because I somehow managed to miss out the Folder field in the Browse dialog.

That said, it’d maybe be a good idea to replace the Browse dialog with a standard windows Save dialog, since that’s easier to navigate, has more display options, and shows the Favorites (which I’ve customized to contain all important paths I use).

The destination section doesn’t appear to accept paths (also, Windows 7). Somehow, I feel super dumb tho, because I somehow managed to miss out the Folder field in the Browse dialog.

I see now that I was able to paste into that field, but if I actually try to go on and execute the render I get a message about restricted characters (e.g. "").

Well, it’s way less worse now that you told me the Browser window has a field that paths can be pasted into. The ideal thing for me would be if I could set a render path relative to the song file’s path, which would be stored with the song. It’d fit so nicely into Unity’s asset pipeline, and once set up, I’d be able to change and render my assets without worrying about the path at all.