32bit samples sound super distorted when prehearing

When i prehear a 16bit wav it sounds normal, but 32bit wav sounds distorted to the extreme. Is this just my sound card or is there some particular reason why it does this?

It’s both on directsound and ASIO, so i don’t know…

Is it all 32-bit samples, or just a few? Maybe you can share some files we can test?

btw. IMHO the prehearing function should care of the song track headroom and maybe master volume, too!

Makes no sense to me currently that its directly outputting, for example in a -6dB song project the preview will be super loud.

the prehearing function should care of the song track headroom and maybe master volume, too!

The pre-hear function already has its own volume slider, and you can choose whether it plays through the current/selected track, or directly through the master track.

On top of that, the pre-hear volume is also affected by the song’s track headroom setting, and finally by the song’s master volume level.

All in all, the pre-hear volume should be pretty much relative to whatever is happening in your song.

Do you experience something vastly different?

Uh, yes, it’s always very loud… Strange. have to check again, I barely reach the middle of the slider mostly.