How to stop samples from cutting off when a new phrase is triggered?

I’m using Redux for drum programming and I could be triggering, for example, snare samples with a long decay time on beats 2 and 4 of a measure. But whenever I trigger a phrase, doesn’t matter if it’s the same or a new one, via MIDI from my DAW (Cubase if it matters), the sustaining notes immediately stop playing at the first line of the new phrase. I’ve tried messing around with the various trigger, mute group, NNA and playback settings but have not found a solution. I’d like the sample to keep playing according to the mute group and NNA settings I’ve set for it. Is there a way to stop Redux from behaving this way?

You can assign a modulation envelope (e.g AHDSR) with a long release to the samples to force it to continue after the note triggering

This should work fine with mute group and NNA settings as well.

But - I think what you’re saying makes sense. Maybe in a future version, one-shot could pull this off? :slight_smile:

This worked like a charm, thank you! I still consider it a workaround but it’s good to know this can indeed be done. As you said, maybe in a future version? B)

Yep, an option for this couldn’t hurt.