Classic Renoise scenario - can someone write a script for this?

I have a pattern that is 256 steps long. I want to keep the second half only, making the pattern 128 steps.

How feasible is a script that chops patterns up? This would be very useful for me, it happens quite often.

EDIT: I read more carefully now.

Have a look at https://www.renoise.com/tools/rotate-pattern

With this you can rotate the pattern (including automation points). Then you can set the wanted pattern length at the top left of the pattern editor.

If two steps are too tedious, something custom could probably be made quite easily by modifying/reusing the pattern rotate tool.

Isn’t there something when right clicking the pattern at 128 called “Split Pattern” or so?
Sorry if I got the question wrong :smiley:

Or you’d

F11
Alt+x

Strg+x

Pos1

Tab or Shift+Tab till in first Track

Ctrl+v

And reduce the pattern length by mouse. ._. Don’t know if there are shortcuts to this.

Giving this as an answer to your question feels like being one of these guys in a linux forum. “Oh thats easy, you just have to [endless lines of code]”
It is fast tho. |-D

Isn’t there something when right clicking the pattern at 128 called “Split Pattern” or so?

Yep - I think it only made it into Renoise in v3.1 and a lot of ppl don’t know about it.

Yep - I think it only made it into Renoise in v3.1 and a lot of ppl don’t know about it.

Where is it? I’ve got 3.1 Jan 9 2016

Where is it?

Move the pattern editor cursor to the desired line you wish to split the pattern at, then hit LCtrl + LAlt + K.

You can also do LCtrl + LAlt + J to join the current pattern with the next one in the sequence.

Both functions are also accessible via the pattern editor’s context menu, in case your key bindings happen to be different.

I haven’t noticed this feature, useful stuff as i often find myself in the same boat. :slight_smile: