Nanokontrol Studio

Has anyone used the Korg nanoKONTOL Studio with Renoise? If so, is it a good complement to Renoise or is it just in the way?

I’m using nanoKONTROL2 which is pretty similar. Very useful for recording automation data, much more comfortable than trying to do this using mouse. Also pretty nice for live performances.

I have found novation launchcontrol in combination with akai lpk25 and vestax pad one to be decent for just about everything needed

launchcontrol

http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Novation-Launch-Control-Software-Controller-for-iPad-Mac-or-PC/V7O?origin=product-ads&campaign=PLA+Shop±+GENERIC&adgroup=GENERIC&medium=vertical_search&network=google&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=40452d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=120811608079&gclid=CNnrzOTDjM8CFW8W0woduEEOuw

akai lpk25

http://www.akaipro.com/product/lpk25

vestax pad one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VESTAX-PAD-ONE-Digital-Mix/dp/B004WQXB5O

some slight drawbacks are that akai lpk25 has no pitchbend and mod wheel, launchcontrol has little ‘bumps’ on the knobs and vestax pad ones pads are not individually assignable to separate midi channels (although the four pad banks are), also the xy pad roll function can not be kept in perfect timing with the DAWs BPM. But its all cheap and does the job along with a powered usb hub.

For the price of one nanoKONTROL Studio you can get a nanoKONTROL 2 + nanoPAD 2 + nanoKEYS 2 + a decent USB hub.

or simply an akai midimix and some beers.

So I don’t see much value in that one at the current price, unless you really hate cables and want to go bluetooth (and have compatible hardware).

Actually, the more I look at the 2 nano Studios, the more I think they wrecked the design by trying to combine the 3 nano2 - there’s something that just doesn’t feel right…

For the price of one nanoKONTROL Studio you can get a nanoKONTROL 2 + nanoPAD 2 + nanoKEYS 2 + a decent USB hub.

or simply an akai midimix and some beers.

So I don’t see much value in that one at the current price, unless you really hate cables and want to go bluetooth (and have compatible hardware).

Actually, the more I look at the 2 nano Studios, the more I think they wrecked the design by trying to combine the 3 nano2 - there’s something that just doesn’t feel right…

Oh! Didn’t realize that it was that expensive! oO I thought it looked rather neat, but I have no experience with that kind of equipment so… glad you pointed that out.

Yeah, the nanokontrol studio doesn’t look bad, but once you remove the blinking lights and bluetooth, you’re just left with a big and expensive NanoKontrol2.

If not too sure, get the NanoKontrol2 - at 44 euros on Thomann it’s a way safer bet :wink:

Yeah, the nanokontrol studio doesn’t look bad, but once you remove the blinking lights and bluetooth, you’re just left with a big and expensive NanoKontrol2.

If not too sure, get the NanoKontrol2 - at 44 euros on Thomann it’s a way safer bet :wink:

Yeah, though I think the idea with the bluetooth stuff from Korg is to help push the appeal of iOS production as well as their own iOS apps

I wish they till made the Micro Kontrol, that was fun to have

I’m quite interested in using these new launchpads with velocity sensitive pads like a giant mpc with many more pads…but you need to add something to use every pad in that way…they want to only give you sixteen pads to use in that way out of the box…rest is devoted to step sequencing and clip launching stuff.