179 replies to this topic

#176 El°HYM

El°HYM

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 17:48

Me having a feeling that all the 'waiting'...will be for the good, in the end; so eye do trust @Taktik & his team as usual in this case & YES, it has been a while...

• 2 daze j likes this

Inside ur Renoise; helping Byte-Smasher putting Cab Sims on ur Master.  :ph34r: 

#177 The_Traveler

The_Traveler

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Exploring timbrality ...

Posted 22 April 2018 - 23:25

Still he could open the source for a trusted selection of people and profit from teamwork.

That was my thought. I'm sure there are folks in this forum with whom a trust relationship could be established. Taktik should certainly retain ownership and intellectual property rights without question. A select group of contributors could contribute on a gratis basis, and agree not to seek compensation or retain individual ownership of contributed code.

Cheers.

Edited by The_Traveler, Yesterday, 00:23.

#178 2 daze j

2 daze j

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, aliens, space, the afterlife, music, high energy music..

Posted Yesterday, 04:36

That was my thought. I'm sure there are folks in this forum with whom a trust relationship could be established. Taktik should certainly retain ownership and intellectual property rights without question. A select group of contributors could contribute on a gratis basis, and agree not to seek compensation or retain individual ownership of contributed code.

Cheers.

I appreciate your sentiment.  And the sentiment of others that Renoise, "is unfinished, forgotten, and deeply in need of something more."  More, coding, more features, more things.

I realize that I am not, "in the popular category here," but I am very thrilled with Renoise the way it is right now.   ​If the website still works, and the software still works, and we get an update this year, next year, the year after...

Computer software has changed so much between, "a tracker with no name," and now.  The music industry has changed so much.   Everything has changed and so many plugin companies are gone.  So many daws are gone.  So many tools are, "abandon-ware."

Renoise still works.  It still installs.  It is still downloadable from backstage.  The moderators are so obviously still reading this website.  I see them cleaning up a lot of, "completely unwarranted and selfish negativity."

I do not think what is best for Renoise is to, "open the code and project up," to a bunch of people with tons of ideas, that turn this program into some, "bloated version of its former self."  I probably would just stick using the version of Renoise we are at.

• Veggies likes this
I woke up with my mind on the floor...

#179 The_Traveler

The_Traveler

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Exploring timbrality ...

Posted Yesterday, 05:21

I do not think what is best for Renoise is to, "open the code and project up," to a bunch of people with tons of ideas, that turn this program into some, "bloated version of its former self."

Mostly my post was about getting another alternative idea into discussion verses what I called the "wishlist and wait" dialogs. For myself, if Renoise doesn't progress past it's current version, I'm good. It does what I want as well.  B)

Cheers.

#180 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3260 posts

Posted Today, 10:19

I also would be really interested in a Renoise FX suite as VST2 (or maybe even VST3). This idea was mentioned already. I miss the unique Renoise dsps in other DAWs, for example the filters and the math device. Meta input could be done via some extra vst parameters. It could be a semi-modular fx, too, one-in-all plugin just like korg mde-x.

It could be also done with a Redux effect VST concept. If you would revamp the instruments section in Renoise for allowing VSTis using the instrument fx with multichannel, you maybe could transfer that effort to redux to build a redux fx vst, using the same structures.

• Land of Bits likes this