Is this Music?

I definately like this better than my last one, quite minimalistic, but i’m happy with it.

https://soundcloud.com/thebellows/is-this-music

I’ll make an attempt to remaster it, because i now noticed some clipping artifacts in there…

Yes it is!

Great job !!

Nice blend and ideas evolving. Instrument switching “theme” is great to listen to.

Yes it is!

Great job !!

Nice blend and ideas evolving. Instrument switching “theme” is great to listen to.

Haha, sorry dude, i forgot to add the link to the post, so the track you listened to was the one in my signature which i already posted earlier.

I wasn’t really questioning if it is music or not, it’s a retorical question and actually also the song title. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s both melodic and rythmical, which i would say is the definition of music. At the same time it is not music at all, because it’s just a sequence of 1s and 0s in a non rythmical fashion. So basically we’re not making music, we’re manipulating numbers. What i’m trying to say? I don’t know, it’s just a thought.

I updated the first post with the actual track i was going to post. :wink:

“Music is Math” :stuck_out_tongue: - I sometimes wonder something similar about human beings. Like, are we just programs running programs? Like, androids with random glitches in our operating systems (i.e., emotions)?

Anyway, love it! Particularly the synth that comes in ~1:37 - I tend to really like twinkling synths like that (you know, things that are vaguely harpsichord-esque). Quick question: At the very end, are you using LPB command or something like this to slow down the tempo? Just curious. TIA :slight_smile:

“Music is Math” :stuck_out_tongue: - I sometimes wonder something similar about human beings. Like, are we just programs running programs? Like, androids with random glitches in our operating systems (i.e., emotions)?

Anyway, love it! Particularly the synth that comes in ~1:37 - I tend to really like twinkling synths like that (you know, things that are vaguely harpsichord-esque). Quick question: At the very end, are you using LPB command or something like this to slow down the tempo? Just curious. TIA :slight_smile:

yup, i used BPM automation and i’m not particularly happy with the ending, think i’ll have to edit it a bit.