• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robodub

Robodub

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:32

The last three months I started doing some weird reggae stuff with renoise. I program my beats track for track in renoise and sing over it. For me mixing and sound design and this stuff still feels very hard, but I'm having a lot of fun with renoise. Using a few vst's. One is the kerovee auto tune vst.

Tips/Comments very appreciated :) Ahh, lyrics are about having a smoke in stressed times ... you also can hear a low whistle (irish folk instrument) somewhere in the middle of the song! :D

• magickz likes this

#2 Robodub

Robodub

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 17:07

I finished a new track! it's a crazy absurd tune about hitting the bong in a crazy reggae style. For that tune i recorded the voice and the classical guitar with my new mic which is an Aston Spirit from the UK - I really fell in love with that mic. I also played around with the valhalla room plugin and the valhallla freq echo (thats for free on their website, very cool).

Hope someone likes that ^^ let me know if you have one "over-all"-tip for me like: "you have to improve ... (mixing, frequencies, compression, eq, everything) :D

• magickz likes this

#3 Robodub

Robodub

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 21:36

my latest tune ... this time I made everything in one night. I checked out four plugins: waldorf attack, helm (sinus bass), synth1 (off-beat) and maudio autopitch for the autotune effect. The other samples came from renoise. I really like the space piano :) 

The lyrics are about what have I done 2016, what kind of shit happened in 2016 an how we should feel next year .. swiss german of course. Really like it somehow ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reggae, dancehall, dub